No announcement yet.

The last refuge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You saying you haven't repeated that, ad nauseum, for 3 weeks, GePap ?
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

What does the justification of the war itself have to do with the justification of reducing political freedoms?
      This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

What, the calling those that think this admin. is idiotic is not unpatriotic and that those that say it is have no clue what they are talking about and undermine the very things we are fighting for?

I will say it ad nauseum for the coming 4 years if it is necessary. And during all that time you have never coem up with a worthwhile answer to that idea.

So, I will give you a chance: why is it wrong to critizise our political leaders during a war Sloww? will our troops, upon finding that thier current political leaders are unfit see their world crumble and drop down their arms and flee in panic? Will it somehow create some mystical force that will telepathically infuse those isolated Iraqi conscript who don;t know what is going on with some superhuman determination that will held them take out our troops? What is it slowwly?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Sloww- I don't mean to sound patronising but chill.

I was just asking what you meant by posting that.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
            And oh yeah, let's just ****ing forget that Hussein was given ample ****ing opportunity to step aside.
            Why should he? If he has committed illegal acts, try him in a court. If not, what right do you have to remove him? Do you think the US should remove Arafat, Chirac, Schroeder, and anyone else who Bush would rather wasn't in power? Should all national leaders be subject to US approval?
            Smile
            For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
            But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

I will defend your right to attack my right of free speech. Lord knows that's what our soldiers have been told they are doing.
              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Some people will go along with whatever their country does, regardless of how immoral it is. :shrugs:
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                  Want something to protest? Protest this.
                  Do some reading yourself.

Operation Iraqi Freedom: Figures by AII POW-MIA

01 APR 03 : Army Pfc. Jessica Lynch, 19, Palestine, W.Va. RESCUED

As of 05 APR 03:

Prisoner of War (POW): 7
                  If it were for anti-war people, those soldiers wouldn't be in ME in the first place, but with their families. What do you expect if oyou attack a country? "OK guys, bad enough you didn't comply with our demands and completely disarm, but that you now really also dare to defend yourself is ridiculous!"

Have you actually read the article? You're exactly acting the way the article is talking about - arguing with something completely unrelated just to make the other opinion appear "unpatriotic". Criticising Bush=supporter oif terrorism - as easy as that, hein?
                  "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                  "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Freedom to vocally oppose a sitting government is as an American right as anything. Freedom to oppose the opposition is also. What we see among the politicians is posturing and nothing more. Anyone have any evidence that Kerry or Delay oppose the constitution? Both are right to speak their minds and give their opinions. The judge in this matter is the American voter at the Ballot box. I say let the debate continue! This makes us stronger, not weaker, as a Nation. The world can see our process out in the open, but know that at the end of the day-we stand together.

No further evidence is needed than to recall the House of Representatives singing God Bless America together on the House steps after 9/11. As long as we are free, we will have dissent and dissent to that dissent. GePap is correct...this is the American way. Kerry is correct to speak his mind, and Delay is free to speak his. We the Public will decide.
                    "I am sick and tired of people who say that if you debate and you disagree with this administration somehow you're not patriotic. We should stand up and say we are Americans and we have a right to debate and disagree with any administration." - Hillary Clinton, 2003

Comment

PLATO: there is a slight difference between what Kerry said and what Racicot and Delay said:

There are two positions here: agree with the president, disagree with the president.

Kerry states he disagreed with the president.

Delay and Co. stated: You can't say that. They did not say: "well, Kerry disagrees, but we agree with the president", they stated that it is wrong to voice position number 1.

Those to acts ARE NOT CONCURENT, ARE NOT THE SAME, ARE NOT EQUAL.

One is a person stating what their opinion is, which you are right Plato, is our right as Americans. The other is saying that that is something AMERICANS SHOULDN'T DO, THAT IT IS UNAMERICAN. I have the right to disagree with an author, I have the right not to read him..I don't have the right to state that they don't have the right to write. Burning a book is not an equal act of free speech to writing a book..it is an attempt to stiffle free speech.

This is the point. Republicans can line up behind the president and say he is right and hold "America rallies" as large as they can get..that is freedom of speech. Calling others who disagree with them traitors is not part of that freedom. that is an attempt to stiffle debate, and if anything is unamerican, it is that.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Freedom to vocally oppose a sitting government is as an American right as anything. Freedom to oppose the opposition is also. What we see among the politicians is posturing and nothing more. Anyone have any evidence that Kerry or Delay oppose the constitution? Both are right to speak their minds and give their opinions. The judge in this matter is the American voter at the Ballot box. I say let the debate continue! This makes us stronger, not weaker, as a Nation. The world can see our process out in the open, but know that at the end of the day-we stand together.
                        -It's one thing to oppose the opposition, quite another to suggest that they have no right to oppose you.
                        "The purpose of studying economics is not to acquire a set of ready-made answers to economic questions, but to learn how to avoid being deceived by economists."
                        -Joan Robinson

Comment

Churchill:

Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is necessary. It fulfils the same function as pain in the human body. It calls attention to an unhealthy state of things.

"Criticism may not be agreeable, but it is..." - Winston Churchill quotes from BrainyQuote.com
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                          X