Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Woman American Soldier Feared Dead

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    ...Its just the way i am, i admit i hold women in higher regard...

    *puts on Flame suit*

    I am prepared to be judged

    EDIT: refering to my post at the end of the last page:

    MtG, great posts

    I share yours and Dan's veiw on this issue

    EDIT: tho, i might be a bit biased... i think more highly of women, than i do of men, typically, do to my life experiences and such. Rationally, under the same circumstances i agree that a mans death adn a womans death are equally tragic... but in the back of my mind i would feel a little bit more tragedy from the woman's death.
    "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
    - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
    Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Boris Godunov
      Yeah, well considering others posted flippant remarks before me, and mine wasn't directed at the victim, but those who would seek to demean her, I can only say tough noogies.
      Since the thread concerns the fate of one individual soldier who has apparently been purposefully separated from her fellow soldiers and is not in the video of live/dead soldiers that accounts for all the others, who was attempting to demean her?

      Certainly not Starchild, who you previously said was the party to whom you directed your post.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

      Comment


      • #63
        Originally posted by monkspider
        Which ones are you referring to Mikey? If you are referring to, say, fanatical Sadaam supporters, for example, I must strongly disagree. It is unfortunate that they have been misled as to support an evil despot, but there are many in this war who have been misled, and I do not wish death upon any of them.
        Sorry, monkspider, but you have a bit of a naive view of these people, at least the ones I'm referring to. "Misled" individuals I don't have a problem with. For example, the professional officers who lead troops in the conscript divisions. Many of them fight out of a sense of patriotism and professional pride. They "support" the regime, but they see it as professional duty and a matter of patriotism.

        The alphabet soup of Iraqi "security" and "intelligence" agencies, and many of the Baath party leadership, as well as the regime leadership, are brutal, sadistic SOB's who are accountable to noone. These are the people who execute families to intimidate others into line, thinking of what may happen to their own family. These are people who torture and murder, willingly, and without restraint. These are people who enforce "military discipline" among underfed and hopeless conscripts by means of summary executions, and the aforesaid retaliation against family members. It's tragic that they've become what they've become. I'm sure as a six month old baby, or a two year old toddler, even Saddam Hussein was cute, but somewhere along the way, things went wrong.

        We all die some time, and some of us don't do much more than eat, sleep, poop and reproduce. Some of us contribute something positive to the world and leave a positive legacy. Some contribute little or nothing positive, and leave a legacy of pain and misery. Removing this latter type from the planet isn't tragic, the tragedy is that they ever became that type of excuse for a human being.

        This I agree with wholeheartedly Mikey, and I would say that you will be pleasently surprised one day.
        I'm far too much of a cynic to believe in any country of significance having a humanitarian and enlightened foreign policy, but I applaud your optimistic and idealistic nature.

        Kramerman - thanks.
        When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by monkspider
          Ahhh, you silly conservatives, always so ready to return an eye for an eye.
          Conservatives with no ambition may feel that way, but I feel that we should take both eyes, all the fingers, toes, lips, ears, tongue and of course balls. Mom always said I was a go-getter!
          He's got the Midas touch.
          But he touched it too much!
          Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

          Comment


          • #65
            She was rescued! Not too many details yet.

            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

            Comment


            • #66
              Excellent news!
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

              Comment


              • #67
                Originally posted by Sikander


                Conservatives with no ambition may feel that way, but I feel that we should take both eyes, all the fingers, toes, lips, ears, tongue and of course balls. Mom always said I was a go-getter!


                She was rescued! Not too many details yet.


                wonderful! I hope there are more with her.
                "I bet Ikarus eats his own spunk..."
                - BLACKENED from America's Army: Operations
                Kramerman - Creator and Author of The Epic Tale of Navalon in the Civ III Stories Forum

                Comment


                • #68
                  This is good news

                  I hope she didn't have to take too much crap and was treated in the limits of Geneva Convention.
                  Now, she is going to home of course, she might have been traumatized too much.. maybe this was the limit where Rumsfeld needs to check out the situation 'hmm we need more soldiers,. hmm hmm.. foreigners.. maybe maybe, I will look into that soon'..

                  Yeah!
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    I found some more news about this one:



                    "U.S. Marines were sent to rescue wounded members of the 507th Maintenance Company on March 23, the day the Fort Bliss unit was attacked in Iraq, but nine of the Marines who took part in the rescue effort were killed and eight others are missing, Pentagon officials said Sunday."

                    Story continues so read the rest of it from the link I provided.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Pfc. Jessica Lynch, rescued Tuesday from an Iraqi hospital, fought fiercely and shot several enemy soldiers after Iraqi forces ambushed the Army's 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, firing her weapon until she ran out of ammunition, U.S. officials said yesterday.

                      Lynch, a 19-year-old supply clerk, continued firing at the Iraqis even after she sustained multiple gunshot wounds and watched several other soldiers in her unit die around her in fighting March 23, one official said. The ambush took place after a 507th convoy, supporting the advancing 3rd Infantry Division, took a wrong turn near the southern city of Nasiriyah.

                      "She was fighting to the death," the official said. "She did not want to be taken alive."

                      Lynch was also stabbed when Iraqi forces closed in on her position, the official said, noting that initial intelligence reports indicated that she had been stabbed to death. No official gave any indication yesterday, however, that Lynch's wounds had been life-threatening.


                      Thanks to Drudge for the link.
                      No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Pfc. Jessica Lynch, rescued Tuesday from an Iraqi hospital, fought fiercely and shot several enemy soldiers after Iraqi forces ambushed the Army's 507th Ordnance Maintenance Company, firing her weapon until she ran out of ammunition, U.S. officials said yesterday.

                        Lynch, a 19-year-old supply clerk, continued firing at the Iraqis even after she sustained multiple gunshot wounds and watched several other soldiers in her unit die around her in fighting March 23, one official said. The ambush took place after a 507th convoy, supporting the advancing 3rd Infantry Division, took a wrong turn near the southern city of Nasiriyah.

                        "She was fighting to the death," the official said. "She did not want to be taken alive."

                        Lynch was also stabbed when Iraqi forces closed in on her position, the official said, noting that initial intelligence reports indicated that she had been stabbed to death. No official gave any indication yesterday, however, that Lynch's wounds had been life-threatening.

                        Attractive female supply clerk goes rambo on Iraqi soldiers?
                        If thats even a 10th true Hollywood's gonna have a field day.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Glad she is safe and alive.

                          I wonder if Hollywood has approached her for movie rights yet?
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Glad she is safe and alive.

                            Originally posted by Big Crunch
                            I wonder if Hollywood has approached her for movie rights yet?
                            Speaking of which, who is the girl in your avatar?
                            He's got the Midas touch.
                            But he touched it too much!
                            Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Her wounds are still unconfirmed except for broken bones (which are consistently reported).

                              "Randy Coleman, a military spokesman in West Virginia, said Lynch had fractures in both legs, and her family said she also injured her arm. U.S. officials in Kuwait said earlier she had two broken legs, a broken arm and at least one gunshot wound.

                              According to the Post account, she was also stabbed when Iraqi forces closed in on her."

                              the toronto star

                              If her actions can be confirmed by witnesses then I would suggest she is in line for at least a silver star.

                              "The Washington Post reported today that the 19-year-old Army supply clerk shot several Iraqi soldiers during the March 23 ambush that resulted in her capture. She kept firing even after she had several gunshot wounds, finally running out of ammunition, the newspaper said, citing unidentified U.S. officials."

                              IMO her reported actions go far beyond what is normally expected of a truck driver from a maintenance company. That comment is not to belittle such soldiers, but in my experience there is a big pyschological difference between soldiers of the line and those behind the lines.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                glad she is alive. What an ordeal...
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X