No announcement yet.

Mutual Respect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well sorry, I came into this kind of late.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Too many times, when certain Gay posters have an opinion, everything spins back to Gay pride, and the injustice of it all.
      Because of some Gays, other Gays get snapped at.
      Not just by me, and not just here.

But look at RJ, even Boris , and starchild.
      Well, not starchild maybe. But yeah, starchild too.
      They have opinions that they express that have nothing to do with their sexual preference.

The same can't be said for all.

I'd feel the same if everything, I don't know, Chris (for example) said, had to do with banging his old lady.
      Who cares?

And actually, being Gay is certainly not an assurance of being open-minded , norconclusive to the fact of not being a bigot.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

the biggest problem i see with allowing homosexuals in the military without DADT, is the discomfort the other soldiers would feel, especially with situations like showers, changing clothes, etc.
        Also women should shower with men in the army. Right?
        Edit: not directed at you personally allthought qouted from you.

Comment

I'm for Gays in the military. In a separate division.
          Women are generally separated from the men, and if you have a 3rd Interest, a 3rd group would be required.

Being Gay certainly has nothing to do with Patriotic feelings.
          Which is the true point of my other post.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I agree with MrFun here.

To fire someone based on their sexual orientation only serves to show the intellectual, emotional, and spiritual development of some of those whom are in command of our military.

Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              I'm for Gays in the military. In a separate division.
              Women are generally separated from the men, and if you have a 3rd Interest, a 3rd group would be required.
              I concur. However, this won't happen. The military would be concerned that members of the gay division would, well, y'know. That's sodomy, and the UCMJ sets the maximum punishment for sodomy as

Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 5 years.

The military is pretty puritanical. The max punishment for adultery is

Dishonorable discharge, forfeiture of all pay and allowances, and confinement for 1 year.

Comment

That seems like a peculiar double-standard.

So if a married guy has consensual sex with another guy while on active duty he's confined for 5 years.

But if a married guy has consensual sex with a women (who isn't his wife) while on active duty he's confined for only 1 year.

That seems like clear case of discrimination to me.
                Last edited by FrustratedPoet; March 27, 2003, 10:49.
                If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

No, just stopping disgusting behaviour.

MrFun. Can you talk about anything else? Probably not.
                  www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                    So if a married guy has consensual sex with another guy while on active duty he's confined for 5 years.
                    Sodomy covers oral and anal sex, regardless of the gender of the participants. So getting a BJ from a woman is also punishable by up to 5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by Boddington's
                      No, just stopping disgusting behaviour.

MrFun. Can you talk about anything else? Probably not.
                      For some reason, when I have gone for something like four months or more without creating two new threads on gay issues, people act like I have been discussing nothing but in the past.

You have a memory problem, I think -- but if this thread does not interest you, you can just not participate.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Mr. Fun, I don't think that gays should even be in the military.
                        "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist
                          Mr. Fun, I don't think that gays should even be in the military.
                          because . . . ?
                          A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

How do you classify them? Where do you put them? You can't station them with heterosexual men. Believe it or not, many heteros don't view homosexuality as good and equal to heterosexuality. They don't understand it that they are sharing a foxhole with someone that may want to be more than comrades. Gay military relationships would lead to many altercations to say the least. Many people view homosexuality as disgraceful and immoral. Gays are stereotyped as leftist and effiminate, with lispy voices and died hair. Not exactly the prototype soldier. Besides, how many gays are even interested in joining the military?
                            "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker
                              MrGay,

So you are going to disrespect those grunts out there risking their lives because of a POLICY.
                              I'd have to agree with this statement. If you have a problem with a government policy then please write your Congressman but don't take it out on a poor grunt who's just trying to do his duty.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Yeah, that was Boris' position too. I'd think members of a minority group would like to see each other as individuals rather than a group that is more easily pointed at as them, but MrNotFun seems to like this us v. them type of post.
                                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                                X