No announcement yet.

American problems and solutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depends on the variety. It was the basis behind Nazism, but didn't play too great a role in Italian Fascism.
    "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

Can we extend this logic to say people of high income should have priority for all employment opportunities, since they buy more products?
      They already do.
      "The great rule of conduct for us in regard to foreign nations is to have with them as little political connection as possible... It is our true policy to steer clear of permanent alliances with any portion of the foreign world, so far as we are now at liberty to do it." George Washington- September 19, 1796

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist
        Depends on the variety. It was the basis behind Nazism, but didn't play too great a role in Italian Fascism.
        Oh yeah -- Mussoulini was a swell guy who liked everyone who was different.
        A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by nationalist
          They already do.
          I know they have advantages, but I'm referring to your ideologies -- do you think that should be the case?
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

All American citizens should be issued ID cards with their social security cards. Americans with IDs are able to travel abroad as they wish. Those without IDs or proof that they have an ID will be deported.

Deported where?
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Frogger
              Deported where?
              Saskatchewan and Manitoba is where I'd dump them.
              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

All American citizens should be issued ID cards with their social security cards. Americans with IDs are able to travel abroad as they wish. Those without IDs or proof that they have an ID will be deported.

Deported where?
                To that eccentric hellhole called Quebec.

Comment

I'm just wondering why any other country would take the US' rejects without proof that the rejects' country of origin was theirs...
                  Stadtluft Macht Frei
                  Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Deported where?
                    To their country of origin. In this case I'm not talking about someone who lost their wallet or something. I am talking about people who have absolutely no documentation through the government, no social security number, no anything.

Comment

How do you know what their country of origin is?
                      Stadtluft Macht Frei
                      Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I just wanted to make sure you believed you and your countrymen are more worthy of employment than people in other countries.
                        If we stick with his scheme one person has a job with humane working conditions. If we stick to your scheme neither will have one since working conditions will gravitate towards the bare minimum required to keep workers alive and working. The myth that eventually everyone will be better off, is just that, a myth.

Without some labour laws workers who only have their labour to sell are subject to appalling exploitation as wealth trickles up. If you bother to get real you would know what happens when labour regulations are relaxed - people die.

The simple moral reason being that when the politico-economic system only recognises as legal people as commodities it is plain wrong.

The other more practical reason being (1) that markets fail - so they aren't the perfect form of social organisation; and (2) your fascist scheme will return us to the wonderful days of Queen Victoria.

Stick to computer science, Asher. I'll enoy watching you flounder on this one.
                        Only feebs vote.

Comment

If they're white and speak english you send them to Canada. If they're white and they don't you send them to Europe. If they're not white you send 'em to Mexico and let them sort 'em out...
                          Stadtluft Macht Frei
                          Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

If they're white and speak english you send them to Canada. If they're white and they don't you send them to Europe. If they're not white you send 'em to Mexico and let them sort 'em out...
                            . . . if they speak French, send 'em to Quebec.

Comment

Like any good American knows what French sounds like.

Knowing should be reason enough to deport you...
                              Stadtluft Macht Frei
                              Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Agathon
                                If we stick with his scheme one person has a job with humane working conditions. If we stick to your scheme neither will have one since working conditions will gravitate towards the bare minimum required to keep workers alive and working. The myth that eventually everyone will be better off, is just that, a myth.
                                I'm sorry, where's the argument? I can't see through the clouds of rhetoric, without even a logical backing.

In what perverse universe do both people become unemployed when a job moves from the US to, say, China? I'm missing that link.

Without some labour laws workers who only have their labour to sell are subject to appalling exploitation as wealth trickles up. If you bother to get real you would know what happens when labour regulations are relaxed - people die.
                                I'm not arguing that labour laws should be relaxed. It's not my responsibility if other countries have poor labour laws. I certainly don't think we should export jobs to countries where the government forces people to work. I think they should go to countries where people work there if they want to...

Stick to computer science, Asher. I'll enoy watching you flounder on this one.
                                Hey, at least I have something to fall back on. This is all you have, and it's rather sad.

Are you this tw4tish to everyone or could you enter an argument trying to be civil for once? Are you jealous of me( ), yes, that must be it.

Comment

Working...
                                X