No announcement yet.

Well, we're going to war, so POST AWESOME MILITARY PICS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this, if you dont want to look at the pics of weapons go read another thread!
    We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
    If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
    Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor
      It would be consistent if you disagree with the sickening display of instruments of death before my post as well. My post follows the exact same logic than the other posts showing "cool pics" of military hardware and explosions. It targeted the authors of such posts.
      This is not the logic I like. I just wanted to show how it hurts, and how poor taste it is.
      Don't worry Spif, some people are so small minded that they are only capable of abusing people they disagree with...

Normally these people are warned about their personal attacks or banned - that is unless they have friends in high places...
      Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• I agree. Definetely poor taste.

There is NOTHING awesome or cool about weapons. Period. Whoever thinks there is, should experience war first hand. Having your family massacred by that "awesome weapon" really is a showstopper!

Especially in times of war... I mean, there's probably thousands of Iraqi soldiers who are forced to fight against the US right now. Do you think it is "awesome" and "cool" slaughtering them?
        And that SCUD could land in a US or British field hospital. How "cool" would that be?

...poor taste! Same like making jokes about 9/11... or do you do that too?

Comment

• Well, this is not an AWESOME military pic, for sure... But it's a military pic, after all. And express what a great part of the world is feeling right now, IMO...

RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas
          I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Aro And thanks for your PM.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Any pics of CBeasts?
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• What are CBeasts ?
                "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

• Counterglow and ACOL idiocy. A "full hundred" in thread reply count.

Comment

• 'Tis amazing how certain people can blindly leap to such accurate conclustions about the reasons people have for posting in this thread, not that I expected anything else...
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

• ColdWizard :
                      I guess you are targetting me. I don't know your reasons to post in this thread, but I indeed know the consequence is an utter lack of respect for the victims of the machines you're picturing. It is probably not intended. It doesn't make it less disrespectful.

Comment

• Spiffor: you're eqating the morality of general weapons, and the tools of terrorists? I thought better of you.
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Spiffor, you're a complete and utter wise and intelligent fellow. If we ever meet I'd enjoy buying you a drink and shaking your hand
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel
                            Spiffor: you're eqating the morality of general weapons, and the tools of terrorists? I thought better of you.
                            A bomb is a bomb.
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

• The "morality" of your weaponds really depend of your point of view. I'm sure those who support Al-Qaeda would have recognized themselves in my "poor taste" post (which I absolutely disagree with), while spitting on the US/Israeli weapons.
                              Such people are wrong, of course. It doesn't make the sickening display of instruments of death in the US/Israeli side any better. I am sure any Iraqi who lost part of his family would call this thread a disgrace.

Just like any American would call a "let's show AWESOME PICS of Sept. 11 ! " a disgrace.

The only difference between the US military and the terrorists is that the military doesn't willingly kill civilians (I suppose that's what you call their morality). In the end, it isn't any different for those who have lost their families and acquaintance.
                              "L'enfer est pavé de bonnes intentions" (Hell is paved with goodwill) is a French saying, about how goodwill doesn't necessarily make for good or moral results. It applies every time a smart bomb hits a school or a hospital. Say as much as you want it was a mistake, it doesn't make the victims any less dead or crippled.

Comment

• wow, Spiffor, those pics of airliners are the coolest military pics I've ever seen!

Comment

Working...
                                X