No announcement yet.

Genetics vs Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this behavior be learned by animals in a clan?
    trhis is what i am really getting at.

I mean, even domestic pets show signs of 'humaness'
    eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

If you want a similar explanation to UR's statement, go
      here:
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
        Aaah.
        Sociobiology.

UR: is there a gene coding maternal instincts?

What about the species which do not follow the pattern?

Could this behavior be learned by animals in a clan?
        I am pretty sure chimp girls aren't taught by chimp mothers how to rear the young. So maternal instincts seem to be genetically determined. Maybe there is a master regulator gene on the Y chromosome that does a whole bunch of things.

Humans are a lot more complicated. So it's easier to look at our closest cousins first.
        (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
        (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
        (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Personaly, i think even if we are only our genetics, this fact should be quietly ignored for the sake of humanity.
          I like the way you put it.

What you need to do is find examples of identical twins brought up separately. I don't know where you should look, though.
          "I'm so happy I could go and drive a car crash!"
          "What do you mean do I rape strippers too? Is that an insult?"
          - Pekka

Comment

Originally posted by MattyBoy

I like the way you put it.

What you need to do is find examples of identical twins brought up separately. I don't know where you should look, though.

I was thinking something similar, don't know where either

though you always here people say to seperated twins both chose similar wives and like the same colour, though i am not sure how valid those situations are, i mean, these similarities could appear more significant then they are.

I am pretty sure chimp girls aren't taught by chimp mothers how to rear the young.
            But they probably observed how to be a parent from their own expiriences as a child, maybe comparing the different parenting of a chimp bought up in its natural environment, and of a chimp bought up in a zoo by humans.
            eimi men anthropos pollon logon, mikras de sophias

Comment

Working...
            X