Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Select a Democratic candidate to run against Bush.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There have been presidents with all sorts of asset levels. I don't think it has changed one way or the other in that respect lately.

This seems to be a tangible leg up that Kerry has, at least in the primaries. He should hope for the widest possible field to dilute the donations for his competitors.
    Last edited by DanS; March 14, 2003, 15:55.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• He should hope for the widest possible field to dilute the donations for his competitors.

Can the field get any wider? Isn't every Democrat in the nation already running?
      KH FOR OWNER!
      ASHER FOR CEO!!
      GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• I think Jim Carrey would make a better candidate than John Kerry.

First, he's Canadian therefore not American (a good thing).

Second, footage from his election run against Bush could be compilated and released as Dumb and Dumber : the Documentary.

Third, he's almost as funny as Colin Powell.

Fourth, the last time the US had an actor at the helm, the Berlin Wall came down & the US became the onl world power... think of what might happen this time !
        There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

• I haven't made up my mind yet. Gephardt, Dean, and Kerry have all impressed me. Wesley Clark gave an excellent, thoughful interview a couple of weeks ago, but only on limited issues. Edwards, despite his inexperience, could well make a go of it. He has as much experience as did a certain part-time governor from Texas I could mention.

However, even if it comes down to a vote between Bush and banana, I'm voting against "W" (as in What the heck happened to the economy, the ecology and civil rights??)

Comment

Working...
          X