Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone care what celebrities have to say?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd be less likely to listen to her. But I would be watching her.

I do think celebrities can influence the lower class of america who really pays attention to them. You know the people who read People magazine and Entertainment Weekly and such. Not to mention the E! channel. I just consider them mindless drones who will believe anything someone they like tells them. Really that is true. I never used to think people could be so gullible. But on the news you keep hearing how people fall for the stupidest scams. Obviously the average american is gullible.

Comment

No
      signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

I don't care what celebrities say... especially alzheimer's patients that get elected to the highest office in America.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I listen to whatever Janeane has to say.
          Attached Files
          http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you had a political agenda and was in a position where people listened to you, do you tell me you honestly would not use the leverage afforded by such a position to push it? I know I would.

OTOH, there's a lot of people who'll just jump onto any bandwagon just to gain more celebrity, without actually knowing anything or caring about the subject. So there are certainly situations where being a celebrity in itself makes that person's opinions less likely to be trustworthy, because of the additional motivation. See Chris Morris's brilliant Brass Eye for some hilarious examples.
            Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
            Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Does anyone care what celebrities have to say?

depends on what SHE got to say...
              Bunnies!
              Welcome to the DBTSverse!
              God, Allah, boedha, siva, the stars, tealeaves and the palm of you hand. If you are so desperately looking for something to believe in GO FIND A MIRROR
              'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us

Comment

I don't give a flying f**k what celebrities say
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I'm just worried to hear that The West Wing's ratings are slipping. That's not good

Why not? The show has frankly become crap. I mean, it always did have a leftist bent, but now it is just vicious. I used to watch the show all the time, but now I pass on it. They had a chance to have some exciting situations, but they stuck to Democrat = good, Republican = bad, and destroyed any sense of suspense.
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I never watch the show, but from what you describe Imran, it's close to reality.

Republican = bad, Democrat = closer to sanity but still is bad
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

that's still wrong.

republic == ass-bad, democrat == ass-bad.

in fact, blame everything wrong in the united states on those two ass-bad parties.
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Gatekeeper
                        Not anymore than what I might care my neighbor, Bob, has to say. Are celebrities' voices supposed to carry more weight or something?

Gatekeeper
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I agree Q-Cubed... although there should be some way of maintaining the point that Republicans are worse.
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Celebrities are stupider than most people especially if they are sports or hollywood stars. None of them should open their mouths.
                            "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                            "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                            "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Most of them are just repeating earlier arguments.

I would however like to hear what Don Rickles has to say... about anyone.

Comment

I listen to whatever Janeane has to say.
                                Post her in the babe thread.

And no, I listen to celebrities only when they agree with what I already believe.
                                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
                                X