No announcement yet.

A lot of people are hurting anti-war support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sadly, reasoned debate is limited to a few PBS shows.

What about Meet The Press?
    KH FOR OWNER!
    ASHER FOR CEO!!
    GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara Schools must make allowances for the religions of its students.
      Why? The school is the state, teachers may schedule
      around religious holidays but with more and more
      faiths to handle, eithier the schools must cater to each and every one or none.

Comment

Nah.. their single person interviews are fine, but since they want a big audience, they usually bring in political figures (either elected representives or columnists) to debate. These folks have reasons to stick to a party line more than really get at an exchange of ideas. It si the same in the News Hours on PBS: the debate they have ongoing after newspieces, where they get a panel of no name experts is susally more informative than things like Shields and Gigot/Brooks.
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Nah.. their single person interviews are fine, but since they want a big audience, they usually bring in political figures (either elected representives or columnists) to debate.

They had Richard Perle and that anti-war ex-senator I mentioned earlier on two weeks ago. It was a pretty good debate from two non-elected officials...
          KH FOR OWNER!
          ASHER FOR CEO!!
          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Non-elected does not make one non-political (hence the addition of columnist).

Perle does have the ear of the government, so he is not really an outsider at this point.

Maybe I am too much of a pretend Academic (until I get a PhD, and then I can be an Ivory Tower elitist!) to find much value in "debate" by pundits with severe time limits. Give me a couple of hours, not a couple of commercial breaks.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Ozz

Actually I am, so my comments stand.

Are you old enough to vote? or just old enough to
              blow reefers and get girls pregant and look for a
              shoulder to cry on on the internet? Smokin' reefers at 11:20?, don't have a job do ya. Pathic really.

Seems I know more about you ya little winer than you
              know about me. So don't judge lest ye be judged, and
              your judgement is already questionable.
              LET'S GIVE HIM A HAND FOR THE WONDERFUL SPELLING AND COMPLETE INABILITY TO PICK UP ON BLATANT SARCASM, FOLKS: THIS MAN REPRESENTS THE CANADIAN LEFT!

Comment

Give me a couple of hours, not a couple of commercial breaks.

Well if that's your standard, then why are we even discussing TV? I happen to agree with you, but I'm not above taking in TV debates on a regular basis as well..
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

What woud be prohibited is if a Muslim teacher led muslim students in prayer or if the school provided a place for them to worship.
                  che,
                  Releasing moslem students from class to worship comes awfully close to providing a place to worship.
                  Would they do so everyday?

I have no problems with religious holidays, so long as the student does not miss too much of their education in the process.

No school led prayer != no prayer.
                  I'll second that. Christians should be able to pray at lunch without fear of discrimination. However, I can't say that I ever saw this in any of the public schools I attended.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
                    LET'S GIVE HIM A HAND FOR THE WONDERFUL SPELLING AND COMPLETE INABILITY TO PICK UP ON BLATANT SARCASM, FOLKS: THIS MAN REPRESENTS THE CANADIAN LEFT!
                    Sarcasm has an element of wit. Your posts do not, nor
                    ever have, contained that element.

In cyberspace no one can hear you scream...
                    But they can SEE it

What a Brain.

Comment

Psst.

There are Yanks out there.

No sense in getting them all smug, eh?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

@ obiwan.

Us? Smug? Never.

-Arrian
                        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The antiwar protesters in my home town waved with Sovjet flags.

That is not really an invitation for conservative war-protesters like me.
                          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
                          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Originally posted by obiwan18
                            che,
                            Releasing moslem students from class to worship comes awfully close to providing a place to worship.
                            Would they do so everyday?
                            Preventing them from worshipping would be unConstitutional and since they are required by their faith to pray towards Mecca five times each day, it would become rather disruptive in class when the Moslem students interrupted class to begin their prayers.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

It's the same in Spain and Switzerland, and I'm sure it's also the same in all the other countries. Some powers are manipulating goodwill people who show that they don't want war and using them to fight western values. I hope they realize before it's too late.
                              "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                              "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi
                                Regime change in America! Attack America, Not Iraq!
                                Ok.....but be gentle with Canada....al we have are blue hats and hemp.
                                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Working...
                                X