No announcement yet.

California proposes bullet tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oerdin do you have a source for those figures?

You have to realize that two things caused the spending increases. The first thing is that Wilson had spending cut so low that programs were seriously suffering and in bad need of increased funds. And secondly the deregulation of the electric industry really was painfully expensive.
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

There was a debate two day ago on NPR and I heard the figures there. I imagine we could double check them on some government web site though I haven't bothered to do so.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I know there have been increased spending on education and necessary services. They were badly needed. We couldn't have gone on without increasing the spending for these programs.
        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

I guess it's time for the gangs to go back to the good ol' breach-loading musket. Can't afford bullets so we gotta use musket balls.

Comment

Sava,

I have a problem with a greedy health-care system run by insurance companies that takes advantage of the misfortunes of others.
            You have a problem with people who charge for services that are necessary to stay alive? Gee, then I guess you must be really pissed at farmers, too, huh?

And I also have a problem with ignorant, sometimes heartless individuals that don't understand the consequences of their misguided ideals.
            That's nice.

Buying consumer goods, gambling, buying property, overspending on frivilous items... that's debt. Needing a life-saving operation or medication should not be.
            Sorry. Debt is what happens when someone performs a service for you and you can't pay right away, or if you borrow money/use credit. The type of service, or the good or service you buy, is irrelevant. Debt is debt.

It's a civilized society's job to provide health care to all individuals regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or economic standing.
            Bald Faced Assertion Man strikes again! And I like your use of the loaded phrase "civilized society".

Again Floyd, I don't understand how you can consider yourself a Christian, yet lobby for such an immoral style of government.
            *shrug* Just because I don't think we should enforce Christian principles on other people doesn't mean I'm not a Christian, it simply means I believe in freedom.

Ted,

If the person is an innocent bystander, then hell yes I have a problem with that solution. First the criminal should have to pay for it, and if that can't be worked out then I like this bullet tax.
            But, you see, this tax creates another innocent bystander - me! It isn't MY fault that some other innocent bystander got shot - tough **** for him, at least with regards to me. I'll feel sorry for him, but I won't feel an obligation to pay his debts.
            Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
            Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X