California proposes bullet tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California proposes bullet tax

It costs trauma centers and average of $17,000 per patient to treat gunshot wounds. Alot of this tax is picked up by taxpayers.

There is now a proposal to put a tax on the sale of bullets.

I think it's an excellent idea.
    We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Certainly an interesting idea.
    http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cool, I'll buy ammo in Arizona and Nevada and resell it here.
      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

WHEN BULLETS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE BULLETS

THE GOVERNMENT WANTS TO TAKE OUR BULLETS

Comment

Damn loopholer!!!
          We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

As Chris Rock says..if bullets were $5000 bucks a piece, no one would get shot.

There will be a huge stink about this though. Perhaps to lessen it, they could lessen the tax for business such as shooting ranges, in which people use the bullets only in the premises.
            If you don't like reality, change it! me
            "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
            "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
            "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

. . . which is exactly why states shouldnt have any rights. either everyone does it or no one does.
              "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

As Chris Rock says..if bullets were $5000 bucks a piece, no one would get shot.

Actually, Chris Rock said that if bullets cost $5000, people would still get shot but you would be damn sure that they deserved it. It's good to see his ideas being put into effect...
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

It's a great way to promote sales of reloading equipment and supplies. Good ol' California government. Incompetence R Us.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

I don't see anything wrong with this idea... i'm all for having guns for defence and in defence all you need is a few bullets. sounds alright to me.

Lawrence:

Wyoming has different concerns than New Jerzey

thanks
                    "Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                    "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

For once Davis is doing something intelligent. This will decrease gun violence but it won't do much to decrease the state's massive budget deficit. Davis increase state spending at a rate of more then three and a half times the amount of increased tax recipts.

Think about it. The biggest boom in state history in turn meant the state of California enjoyed more more tax money then ever before in its history but Davis and the Democratically controlled state house created a deficit larger then most countries.

These bums need to be kicked out of office ASAP.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Davis is an idiot completely devoid of any kind of leadership. A tactical genius when it comes to running a campaign but a fool at the helm.

Any time something goes wrong the first damn thing out of his mouth is basically, "I didn't do it."

Comment

Originally posted by MichaeltheGreat
                          It's a great way to promote sales of reloading equipment and supplies. Good ol' California government. Incompetence R Us.
                          I'm not sure I follow you MTG. Can you explain in more detail?

Comment

albert

well then they shouldnt have joined the union

no problem
                            "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Striker

I'm not sure I follow you MTG. Can you explain in more detail?
                              Instead of buying new bullets, they will buy the stuff to reload used bullets at home.

ACK!
                              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Working...
                              X