California proposes bullet tax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oerdin
    You can buy a hand mold, lead, and an electric smelter kit to make bullets for around $30 in a hunting catalog. They come with enough lead to make hundreds of bullets.

That said I still would like to see a heavy tax on bullets.
    Then put a big arse tax on these kits.

And on lead too
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It costs trauma centers and average of $17,000 per patient to treat gunshot wounds. Alot of this tax is picked up by taxpayers.

There is now a proposal to put a tax on the sale of bullets.
      The better, and much more free, solution is of course to force individuals to pay their health care debts themselves.
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

Well, there goes the plumbing...
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Didn't the Romans have some problems with lead too , this does explain a few things
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I was waiting for an intelligent Floyd posting on this.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Oregon baby! No sales tax on your bullets, and no bullet tax! Just wait until you are out of the state to start your rampage please.

You can get lead at print shops...the older ones.
              Long time member @ Apolyton
              Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I was waiting for an intelligent Floyd posting on this.
                You have some problem with people paying their debts?
                Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
                Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

it is an interestin idea

*reminds self to stock up on bullets before this happens*

because even if they get the gun illegally, they will probably buy bullets from the store.

Although some people would go into business making bullets. I knew some gun enthusiests who did this.

Comment

Originally posted by David Floyd
                    You have some problem with people paying their debts?
                    I have a problem with a greedy health-care system run by insurance companies that takes advantage of the misfortunes of others. And I also have a problem with ignorant, sometimes heartless individuals that don't understand the consequences of their misguided ideals.

Buying consumer goods, gambling, buying property, overspending on frivilous items... that's debt. Needing a life-saving operation or medication should not be. It's a civilized society's job to provide health care to all individuals regardless of age, race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or economic standing.

Again Floyd, I don't understand how you can consider yourself a Christian, yet lobby for such an immoral style of government.
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:33.
                      We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

My union came up with a much better method for closing the budget gap.

I work for the courts in L.A., and the word came down from Sacramento that we have to cut at least $6.7 million of our spending by July and at least $12 million from the following year's budget. Management did knee-jerk thinking and recommended hiking fees, closing courtrooms and laying off staff.

But my union started brainstorming with our members and discovered that, because the fines collected by the courts to not go into court coffers but instead go into the State's general fund, court administrators don't make any great effort to collect fines. As a result, an estimated $100,000,000 in fines go uncollected every year in L.A. County and $500,000,000 statewide.

A week ago, our reps travelled to Sacramento to talk to the Judicial Counsel. They embraced our idea, and new legislation is being drafted to give the court at least partial credit for collecting the fines.

This just shows what the a minimal amount of thinking can accomplish.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                          My union came up with a much better method for closing the budget gap.

I work for the courts in L.A., and the word came down from Sacramento that we have to cut at least $6.7 million of our spending by July and at least $12 million from the following year's budget. Management did knee-jerk thinking and recommended hiking fees, closing courtrooms and laying off staff.

But my union started brainstorming with our members and discovered that, because the fines collected by the courts to not go into court coffers but instead go into the State's general fund, court administrators don't make any great effort to collect fines. As a result, an estimated $100,000,000 in fines go uncollected every year in L.A. County and $500,000,000 statewide.

A week ago, our reps travelled to Sacramento to talk to the Judicial Counsel. They embraced our idea, and new legislation is being drafted to give the court at least partial credit for collecting the fines.

This just shows what the a minimal amount of thinking can accomplish.
                          "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                          "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                          "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Last edited by Ted Striker; August 3, 2020, 18:33.
                            We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

The deficit this year is around $24 billion. $500 million helps (assuming 100% collection on fines which won't happen) but it is just a drop in the bucket. Massive decreases in government pork is what is needed. The state spending has increased an astonishing 60%(!!!!) in the few years since the Democrates took over both the state house and the governor's mansion. They are completely out of control and the wasteful spending needs to stop.
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Davis wants to run for President but he'd be even more incompetent then Bush! I wish Clinton were back in office.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X