Apolyton Wars - A new story adventure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Wars - A new story adventure

Okay, I think the last one of these we did was the World Cup saga, which was quite fun. I think it's time for a new light-hearted romp. I'm not sure if there are rules, but I'd say in general:

1) Try to continue the story in reasonably long posts, not short sentences.
    2) Try not to destroy previous posters' plot threads. Changing direction a little is fine, but people tend to get pissed if everything they've worked on gets junked by the next poster
    3) Of course, it's all in fun. Meanness that seems deliberate is not cool.

So...

A FAIRLY LONG TIME AGO, IN A GALAXY NONE TOO CLOSE TO OUR OWN...

*Cue music*

It is a dark yet still colorful time for the reactionary forces of the Galaxy. In a stunning election upset, the Gay Federalists were swept into victory, taking over the entire government. Acting under a mandate for urgent reforms, the new PRESIDENT STARCHILD has instituted martial law and seized dictatorial powers, proclaiming the new GAYLACTIC EMPIRE. Now, the massive, fabulously-color coordinated armies of the Empire have brought the President's iron grip all across the realm.

However, a small, shabbily dressed band of resistors has taken refuge in the outskirts of the galaxy, doing its best to ward off the advances of the menacingly mauve Gaylactic Storm Cadets, bent on recruitment to their ranks and stamping out the fashionably inferior. The President's chief agent of homoterror, DARTH REDFERN, has been sent to deal with the problem.

Even more terrifying, there are rumors of a new superweapon, a massive battle station known as the Pride Star, a devastating weapon concocted by the region's dashingly handsome Imperial Governor, GRAND ADMIRAL GODUNOV, which is capable of transforming an entire planet into a festive, cosmo-drinking land of hedonism and immaculate front lawns. With this new weapon, the Empire hopes to crush the resistance and bring tasteful, bright and cheery order to the galaxy...

*Large letters roll into the distance...*
    Tutto nel mondo è burla

...suddenly, there was a large atomic blast, and everyone was deep fried in a matter of seconds.

The end

Great thread Boris
    "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
    You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

You're such a bastard.

I'll try to add something in, I dunno, fifty hours or so, when I've got the time.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

So we'll ignore orange (I know, happens all the time ).

Loinburger gets dibs on next post, then. Unless you need me to set up the story more?
        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
          Loinburger gets dibs on next post, then.
          Don't do that, otherwise the thread will be locked down for the next fifty hours. If I come back to the thread in two days and find that my post won't fit, then I'll just come up with some bull**** to fill in the gaps and make it fit. It's a knack of mine.
          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

It all began with Jack, the militaristic psychopath armed with more guns than a Libertarian on a spending spree. He had once been a member of the Glorious Empire until he discovered the awful, awful truth. The Empire was not built upon a foundation of blood and slavery.
            I never know their names, But i smile just the same
            New faces...Strange places,
            Most everything i see, Becomes a blur to me
            -Grandaddy, "The Final Push to the Sum"

Comment

Who's Jack? The idea is to use Apolytoners as characters.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

A big, massive, enormous ship lounged around in the sky. It moved through space as if it owned the damned place. It was just so massively amazingly BIG! That made it stand out among the stars... that and the tie dye on the side of it. It was the home of the Emperor Starchild, and he was just out taking it for a ride. Along the way, it had been dragging some minor planets quite a way outside their gravitational field and dropped them somewhere next to a black hole.

Starchild: SPRING CLEANING! I try every year to get these non-fabulous planets from litting my beautiful empire. There are just too many of them.

Starchild remembered his new experiment and called General Gudunov on the viewscreen. The General was in military uniform, which had just been changed to tight, tight leather, with crotch coverings optional. He wore a sailor hat, which was so old that it might have belonged to the first Village People.

Starchild: GENERAL, how is my ray?

General: It is going well, your fabulousness.

Starchild: Do we have a practice planet?

General: Yes, your gayness. The planet Falwell.

Starchild: God, I hate those fags.

General: *gasp*

Starchild: Oh... um... I mean, I hate those evil, bad men. They deserve to be spanked.

General: Oh yes, and so do I!

Starchild: What?

General: Um... I mean, and so do I, your gayness!

Starchild: Better..... maybe later. Dismissed.

The new weapon was the most horrendous thing every conceaved: The FABULOUS RAY! It turned entire populations into tye dye wearing, clean men who always remembered to keep the toilet seat down. Oh, and it also turned everyone gay. In planets without intravitro fertilization, it meant death in one generation. Of course, if the citizens affected were ultra-religious, they'd commit such mass suicide as to make Dr. Kevorkian weep.

The inhabitants of Planet Falwell had no idea what they were in for.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Tsk, tsk. Keep the titles right, at least! PRESIDENT Starchild, and GRAND ADMIRAL Boris.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

My story arch, I make it as I please .
                    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

On the remote desert planet of fubutooine, young Albert Speerwalker was kicking sand. Furious at hearing the ringing voices in his head, he pulled out a 9mm and shot at a random moisture farming device.
                      "****ing can't go to get power converters ****heads! they don't know what it's LIKE in this desert ghetto! I got nothin' nothing! No food, no shelter, all these sluts go walkin' round and I try to protect em and what do I get? Gaaaaaarrrrr!"

All of a sudden, he saw a bright light flash across the sky, surely an escape pod from some starship in distress. He didn't really care though.
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

This is where I come in

Frusterated with his dull, and pathetic life on fubutooine, Albert Speerwalker hops into his hovercar and dashes across the gritty desert.

"I'm so bored I might as well check out that escape pod."

Meanwhile, from his cave on the desert fringe, obiwan18 kenobi feels a disturbance in the force.
                        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

But he couldn't see Datajack the sage, he who spoiled him for the first time in his life
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Longer story posts

Comment

What do you expect from today's youth
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X