No announcement yet.

We are ruled by idiots!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, the oil companies aren't even doing any sizable oil exploration there, even though they have potential to have oil and gas, just because the government is so hostile to them and has very strict rules on regulations, and high taxes that it's not very economical to do business there.

They've relied on the government to pull them out of a rut so much that they're driving potential new industries away.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

How the Hell did you people turn this into a thread about Canada?!
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Look at the thread title -- it should be obvious.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What's one more Canadian, Imran?

Boshko: Not if the economy grows fast enough over the long term so that while continuously borrowing the GDP/debt ratio remains vaguely stable.

True, but this relies upon estimates of future growth to be about the same as before. Why not do what Alberta has done with Klein? Cutting deficits really help to restore funding once you eliminate the debt.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
            We're trying to become more self-absorbed than the US. Is it working yet?
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              I gave up once the Canadian contingent had invaded.
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
              X