Mr Rogers died...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a good quote.

He was definitely a breed apart. Kid's shows nowaways are so ramped-up with hyper-stimuli and merchandising that it's doubful that a show with the subtletly and basic honesty like Mr Rogers will ever be made again.
    "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
      That's a good quote.

He was definitely a breed apart. Kid's shows nowaways are so ramped-up with hyper-stimuli and merchandising that it's doubful that a show with the subtletly and basic honesty like Mr Rogers will ever be made again.
      So true. One reason is that it was his show: no focus groups, no network brass, no marketing teams -- just one guy doing what he thought (quite rightly) was right. If half the parents in America cared half as much about their kids as Fred Rogers did, we'd be a much better nation than we are.
      "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Amen.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

What Mr Rogers must have thought about the changes in the country these last 40 years I can't imagine. One thing I look forward to in death is that I won't have to see any more. God hasn't changed, so that's good. Rest in peace...peace.

Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Rufus:

Good quote.

Farewell, Mr. Rogers.

You will be missed.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
            2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Working...
            X