Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sir Ralph
      We all know, that America has the best diplomats. "You do what we want, or else...!" works great and makes many friends around the world.
      Ralph: I think it has been pointed out several times that proticular statement was aimed at Pakistan after they refused to allow their air space to be used. Bush made that comment in order to point out to the Pakis exactly how serious the situation was.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• "I still, however, disagree. IF we put our minds to it and set about creating a Transatlantic Union with the ones that Chirac throws back, my guess is we could make it work."

If you can do that, we'll invite Canada and Mexico into the Union.

"someone should maybe remind France that it's empire is....gone?"

Only need to remind Chirac and some clowns from the écoles. They aren't all bad, you know, they just sometimes forget abou that....
        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

• I love this strategy... the Hawks know they can't justify going into Iraq, so they try and discredit everyone else...
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• Does anyone else think it's funny that the reason that Chirac couldn't keep his mouth shut is because he felt beat by American diplomacy.
            "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
            "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
            "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

• Originally posted by HershOstropoler
              "someone should maybe remind France that it's empire is....gone?"

Only need to remind Chirac and some clowns from the écoles. They aren't all bad, you know, they just sometimes forget abou that....
              Actually the brits are in much more dire need of that. (not that the ENA graduates can't be clowns )

Comment

• American Diplomacy?
                This has got to be the shortest joke of the week

You have no idea how much help you're giving to the EU
                (the tragedy is that your leaders don't know it either )

Comment

• "Actually the brits are in much more dire need of that."

No, they are in need of realising something else: That there is a difference between a great power and an ass puppet that tries to behave like a great power.
                  “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

"Actually the brits are in much more dire need of that."

No, they are in need of realising something else: That there is a difference between a great power and an ass puppet that tries to behave like a great power.
                    Most of them already have IMO.

Comment

• A great power... You mean like Austria?

Rather then all this daft talk of setting up rival trade blocks it would be better to creat a tranatlantic free trade zone. That would mean greater growth for everyone but I doubt the more left leaning contential powers would go for it since they have such strong protectionist tendiencies.
                      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• "A great power... You mean like Austria?"

We gave up on that idea roughly around 1918.

"Rather then all this daft talk of setting up rival trade blocks it would be better to creat a tranatlantic free trade zone."

There have been talks about this, but most is covered under the WTO anyway.

"since they have such strong protectionist tendiencies."

Value of WTO decisions:

Beef hormone against EU: 200 million $
                        Banana case against EU: 100 million $
                        Tax subsidy case against US: 4 billion $

Comment

• Originally posted by paiktis22
                          American Diplomacy?
                          This has got to be the shortest joke of the week

You have no idea how much help you're giving to the EU
                          (the tragedy is that your leaders don't know it either )
                          You mean you have no idea how much Chirac is helping American diplomacy.

Comment

• Let's see, American diplomats were able to convince Eastern Europe as a whole that France was a disloyal friend. Chirac then demonstrated this by opening his huge mouth and attacking Eastern Europe. I think it is Chirac that is of great benefit to American Diplomacy.

Comment

"In 1982 when the Lech Walesa was elected in Poland"

Huh?

"the soviets moved forces to invade Poland. That wasnt needed since the Polish military took power."

I think that was in 1981 and related to the Solidarnosc strikes only.
                              Walesa was elected to head the solidarity movement in sept 1981 and was the defacto head of the country until deposed by the military in Dec 1981 (close to 82, I was working on my memory of the events).

Andropov was a moderate reformer. The concrete heads managed to elect that walking coffin, Chernyenko I think, after Andropov.
                              Andropov was not a reformer in any way shape or form thats why he was able to take power after Brezhnev.

Not _just_ coincidence, but little causal effect. If you can trust the estimates the USSR increased military spending by a real 3 % annually in those years IIRC. Why should that break their back?
                              Because they were already spending 40% of their GNP on the military.
                              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

• Is Germany in Eastern Europe? Where is the line?

I always think that it is just on the other side of Belgum... French need to shud up, no one can understand what they are saying anyway...

Ya know the problem with foreign countries is that they are all so full od foreigners.
                                Monkey!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X