Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
    Great article, DanS. Hopefully we won't have to hear about how great the Euros are at diplomacy anymore...
    We all know, that America has the best diplomats. "You do what we want, or else...!" works great and makes many friends around the world.

Comment

Re: Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

"Infantile?" Chirac should try looking in the mirror… then again he probably sees Louis XIV when he does. Damn Gallicism.
      Originally posted by monkspider
      [hypthetically] but then out of nowhere it's leaders started talking about holding Nazi sympathies

Wait a minute… so now opposing an aggressor and trying to hold him to the conditions of the treaty he signed to temper punishment for his actions is comparable to Nazism? Fifteen years after Versailles Hitler was rearming; that's what makes Saddam's Iraq comparable to the Nazis.
      Originally posted by Maroule
      we call that 'la paille et la poutre' : you object of us having a straw in our eyes, while you have a whole tree there

So now trying to muster UN members to enforce the resolutions they drafted, and voted into effect, is the tree? Chirac trying to dictate foreign policy to other states by bald-faced extortion is the straw???
      It'd be entertaining if these folks weren't serious

Bush called the French and German objections a shadow of "old Europe," the system that turned a blind eye to the realities of agression. Just as Churchill supported the 10 year rule at the time it was drafted; the difference is that Churchill came to his senses the moment Hitler's rearming was discovered.

Churchill supported Chamberlain's appeasement policy because there was no real choice. Britain had all but disbanded the army and had only a sorely outdated fleet to oppose Hitler. Now the Euroweenies are just scared to get dirt under their fingernails.
      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Chirac has shown again that he's far ahead of the competition for most pompous dumbass in Europe. Probably he wants to challange Bush for the transatlantic title....
        “Now we declare… that the law-making power or the first and real effective source of law is the people or the body of citizens or the prevailing part of the people according to its election or its will expressed in general convention by vote, commanding or deciding that something be done or omitted in regard to human civil acts under penalty or temporal punishment….” (Marsilius of Padua, „Defensor Pacis“, AD 1324)

Comment

I guess I should quit getting insulted when murricans say the Europe is acting the way France is acting. I should get insulted that Chirac says they are the Europe. FRANCE OUT OF EU NOW!
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
          THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
          "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

We all know, that America has the best diplomats. "You do what we want, or else...!" works great and makes many friends around the world.

My point was that, while people in Old Europe (not Finland, Pekka ) like to brag about how skilled their diplomats are when compared to the "cowboy" Americans, they're really no better. Chirac's comments are far worse than anything said by the Americans, even Rumsfeld...
            KH FOR OWNER!
            ASHER FOR CEO!!
            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Thanks Drake for taking my feelings into consideration
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                My point was that, while people in Old Europe ... like to brag about how skilled their diplomats are when compared to the "cowboy" Americans, they're really no better. Chirac's comments are far worse than anything said by the Americans, even Rumsfeld...
                Although I don't consider the word "childish" or "infantile" worse than the flood of hatred and ignorance spawned by american politicians these days, I concur, that Chirac is a moron. Schröder, Blair, Bush, Rumsfeld and Powell (yes!) are morons too, in addition Blair and Powell are proven liars. After all, they are politicians. The only difference in my opinion is, that Chirac and Schröder are idiots, who do the right thing (although in a fairly dilettantic way) and Bush and consorts are idiots doing the wrong thing.

Comment

Since when did Chirac have power over the EU.
                  France and Germany are not in charge and there is NO common foreign policy.
                  The UK may be uneasy about war, but they would be far more uneasy about having foreign policy decided in Paris, Berlin or Brussels
                  Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                  Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger
                    Since when did Chirac have power over the EU.
                    France and Germany are not in charge and there is NO common foreign policy.
                    The UK may be uneasy about war, but they would be far more uneasy about having foreign policy decided in Paris, Berlin or Brussels
                    You are right on this, but why should France, Belgium and Germany agree to a foreign policy decided in Washington, willingly embraced by London? Either accept a "no", get over it, or continue to ***** and expect to be paid with the same currency.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
                      Because everybody else was sitting around with their thumbs up their asses we say, "Do it our way, or get the hell out of our way!" But you will hear what you want to hear.
                      (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                      (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                      (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Chirac was right to remind the Eastern Euros of some home truths.
                        Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Re: Re: Chirac Says Eastern Europeans Are "Infantile" and should shut up!

Originally posted by Straybow
                          Chirac trying to dictate foreign policy to other states by bald-faced extortion is the straw???
                          It'd be entertaining if these folks weren't serious
                          Yes, I second that. Evil Chirac! You stop to dictate your foreign policy to other states! Take example from our American friends. They never do such things.

Bush called the French and German objections a shadow of "old Europe," ...
                          That was Rumsfeld, but the difference between them is not that bold.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

You are right on this, but why should France, Belgium and Germany agree to a foreign policy decided in Washington, willingly embraced by London? Either accept a "no", get over it, or continue to ***** and expect to be paid with the same currency.
                            Well the French have made theri position clear thats fine. Why do they then have to lecture other independant countries on the need to have the same policy as them in order to join an institurion which does not have a foreign policy
                            Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
                            Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by TheStinger

Well the French have made theri position clear thats fine. Why do they then have to lecture other independant countries on the need to have the same policy as them in order to join an institurion which does not have a foreign policy
                              I thought he was just warning that if the Eastern Euros want to be free agents there will be consequences. Fair comment. Most of em aren't worth having in the EU anyway.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Schröder, Blair, Bush, Rumsfeld and Powell (yes!) are morons too, in addition Blair and Powell are proven liars.

You're certainly free to your opinion, but there's really no need to direct baseless insults at Blair and Powell. They're the only intelligent leaders left in this whole ordeal...
                                KH FOR OWNER!
                                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X