Calling film critics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahem.
    moving on... i'm glad there is so much interest, looking forward to some comments.

I just checked and the smallest render I have is 87MB for a 3 minute 30 second film. I should be able to produce a much smaller render but it will involve swapping hard drives and general farting about.

What sort of file size do you people find reasonable?
    Preferred format? I use divx avi codec, but good old mpeg would be fine.
    How is best to send the film? ftp? icq? does anyone have some free webspace I can upload to?

Well I'll do a bit more on my essay, if we can work out how to transmit the bugger I should be able to render it pretty quick.

It will all be worth it. Oh yes.
    I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Grag has been a naughty boy. Isn't this a copy of a thread Ming closed earilier today? Or at least there's another identical thread which has been locked.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I would love to see your film, so I will do you the favor by commenting.
        :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          Grag has been a naughty boy. Isn't this a copy of a thread Ming closed earilier today? Or at least there's another identical thread which has been locked.
          ?!?
          I have discovered that China and Spain are really one and the same country, and it's only ignorance that leads people to believe they are two seperate nations. If you don't belive me try writing 'Spain' and you'll end up writing 'China'."
          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Ok, I'm rendering to divx avi, should be ready in under 20 mins...

Some ideas on how to transmit the file would be apprectiated. It strikes me it'd be quite easy for me to share it with kazaa, I assume the majority of apolytoners have it. That way it'd pretty simple to get several d/ls at once.

I want to get this done as quickly as possible before my bottle goes... I'm already formulating excuses for the bits I don't like, so if you want it, come get it!
            Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Graag, I can give you up to 200MB on the ACOL server for the next two or three months. (Eventually, I'll have to get the space back though.) Send me email if you're interested.

As for format, I'd prefer mpeg.
              ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

CGN | a bunch of incoherent nonsense
                Chris Jericho: First-Ever Undisputed Champion of Professional Wrestling & God Incarnate
                Mystique & Aura: Appearing Nightly @ Yankee Stadium! | Red & Pewter Pride
                Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Comment

Well premiere crashed so I've started again.

Strange though, don't seem to be able to render to mpeg. I'll do an avi first off, should only be about 15-20MB @ 480*360. I'll then attempt an mpeg if I work out how, and a decent resolution version if anyone wants it.

Thanks for the offer, AnnC, though apparently you 'don't wish to be contacted by email through this board', so a PM will have to do
                  Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Ah, that doesn't seem to work either.

Well anyway, 200MB is plenty, I don't think I'll need more than 50MB tops.

I'll be ready to u/l when I've re-rendered, maybe another 15 mins.

If you can let me have the space, you can email me at graag1@hotmail.com, thanks again!
                    Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Sorry 'bout that, Graag, I fixed it. Sent you email...
                      ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

n/p, email sent
                        Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

Yikes, didn't think it would take this long.

Well I'm told I've sucessfully uploaded the smaller version, which you should be able to find at http://www.planetacol.com/~graag/man...480%20360.avi, in theory.
                          It doesn't seem to actually be there at the moment, but I'll keep investigating. Bloody computers.
                          Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

It's there now, sent you email...

There's a comma at the end of Graag's URL, so you'll see a file-not-found message when you follow the link. To see the files that are presently uploaded, check the directory at: www.planetacol.com/~graag

(Sorry 'bout the confusion, Graag.)
                            ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

Thanks again, Ann, and roll up to www.planetacol.com/~graag/wakeup.html

Both low and high res versions are now available. Book early to avoid disappointment!

If you've got the bandwidth, go for the larger version, you won't regret it. Well you might.

Anyway, make with the brutal honesty.
                              Gogol, Diary of a Madman

Comment

One gets the impression that the filmmaker has seen Mulholland Drive and Blue Velvet a few times too many... Like, try a couple hundred.
                                It's basically an experimental college piece. No plot, really. It's all images and sounds. The use of the alarm clock is abrasive, and does not make for easy viewing, but I suspect that the mindset of the filmmaker was 'screw easy, I'm going to challenge their preconceptions by putting in this repititious alarm clock!', while the only thing it truly challenged was my patience.
                                Decent editing, although I wasn't too found of the camera angles. They were scattered all about the place, and gave me the impression of "ooh, look at me, I know how to do this type of shot, and this type of shot, and this one too! They didn't seem to serve a purpose.

Also, get that boy a shave and a haircut! Yuck!
                                "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                                Drake Tungsten
                                "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                                Albert Speer

Comment

Working...
                                X