Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Does this explain Tamerlin's absence?
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

Originally posted by Havak

We are. Though in keeping with tradition we came in second.
      Nice one

Very close to being signature material.
      Oh, go on!
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Does this explain Tamerlin's absence?
        Maybe.

Still the guy isn't really french anyway - he's just one of those border hopping players I dislike so much. I'm sure the rest of the french side are clean as a whistle?

Nice one
        I try not to take myself too seriously.

Oh, go on!
        Very sorely tempted - but at the moment I need to keep it French related I think.
        It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

Hey Havak - are horizontal black, yellow (or gold) and green stripes (not all of the same width) the colours of an English club jersey? I saw a chap wearing same on an English show tonight and they looked familiar.
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

They match the club colours of Northampton Saints Finbar. Our nearest (geographically) rivals in the top flight.

Not my favourite jerseys this year.
            It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

A-ha! I've seen them a couple of times in replays here. That's where I knew the colours. Later on, the guy was wearing what appeared to be a rugby jersey that seemed to be quartered in red and white. Rugby?

Comment

That one I can't say off the top of my head. Red and white hoops would have been Gloucester but quarters is no top English side certainly. Might be celtic.

Comment

NSW beat the Chiefs 35-31 in a Super 12 trial yesterday, did you get to see any of it Finbar? There was no coverage over here at all.

Comment

You started this just in time for me to include this link of a racist nature before finishing for today.
                    Talking about racist comments is a bit exagerated but Imanol should only open its mouth when he has something interesting to say. These comments are indeed silly, useless and detrimental to the French team.

Boooo!
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by finbar
                      I notice Tamerlin has been strangely quiet recently. Gone into hibernation in preparation for the Big Match, presumably.
                      I have actually missed the creation of the new thread and the greatest part of my internet time is taken over by the current CtP2 DG.

I'am back now!
                      "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well, yes. Wouldn't a World XV be fun? I'm sure they play rugby on Mars. If only those damn shuttle things would stop blowing up we could get to Mars and organise someone to play our World XV.
                        Hurry up 'til there are some space shuttles left...

Comment

In case they win, I think we should consider ourselves lucky Tamerlin is such a wise, level-headed soul. A rampant, chest-beating Le Bleu might be a bit hard to take.
                          Prepare your handkerchiefs gentlemen!

Comment

Too busy at work for a full post but this is an intriguing drug scandal ?
                            I think Peter de Villiers has been caught some days after a damn good party, if he had less money I guess he would have been controlled positive with Marijuana.

Those controls over the use of helping drugs like cocaine and Marijuana are a bit ridiculous as those drugs can be traced several months back. I can't say anything about cocaine but as far as I am concerned I have once played a Volley Ball game after having smoked some Marijuana and I can assure you that though it is fun it doesn't help at all to play better. I would rather say it is the contrary as the ball is more difficult to catch (curiously enough it goes faster) and the crowd is looking at you in a strange way (at least this is what you think at this very moment).

The IRB should rather bother about the real dope. Tell me about anabolyzers (not really sure of this word ) and I woud be very disappointed by this player who is really French by the way as he has been naturalized.

Comment

TAMERLIN! YOU SMOKED MARIJUANA!? I'M SHOCKED!!

Just joking

I agree that it's a bit silly that players are penalized for taking drugs that don't enhance their performance, but then again, perhaps it's in the interests of rugby in general that we don't have stoned players on the field. It's bad enough looking at the ugly mugs of the likes of Anton Oliver without them having red eyes too!

Comment

Very interesting note in the international part of this week's Midi Olympique.

Rudolf Straeuli has punished five Springboks because of their violent behavior and anti-game acts this autumn, some of them have even been fined:
                                - James Labuschagne
                                - Corne Krige (captain)
                                - Robbie Fleck
                                - Butch James (surprise!)
                                - Werner Greef

Rudolf Straeuli added "they know we will be watched over during the Super 12 and the recidivists won't play the World Cup. We will no more excuse anti-game and brutality. We can not afford us to live a year like the one we have lived'.

Mark Lawrence, representing the SA referees, has dubbed the SA Super 12 referees as too lenient: "Our players are branded all around the world because of us".

Is this the beginning of a healthy revolution? I hope so.

Comment

Working...
                                X