boiling eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Propaganda,

Consume the ice immediately after taking them out of the freezer. I hope this helps
    "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
    "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
    "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

crap you put it in the freezer? I already screwed up
      :-p

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger
        You really can't overcook a hard-boiled egg, so err on the side of boiling it for too long.
        Actually, that's not true. You could cook it so long the water boils away and the egg burns in the pot.

Really though, if you boil an egg too long it discolors the yolk (it gets kinda greenish). It doesn't effect the taste, however.
        Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Another addition to Che's recipe is after you chill the eggs, put them back in the boiling water for 15-30 seconds. This expands the shell making them easier to peel.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

I never have a problem peeling eggs anymore. But then, I use organic eggs.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

The green colour of the yolk in an overboiled egg is just copper and other metal ions present in all those yummy yolk proteins getting oxidised due to the heat, no harm no foul.

If we're sharing recipes, here's my quick and easy chicken stirfry:

1-2 (depending on how much meat you like) deboned, deskined chicken breast fillets (you can debone and deskin them yourself but I'm lazy).
              A mix of veggies. I personally like broccali, snow peas, mushrooms, sometimes peppers, bok choy (pak choy), and bean sprouts. Proportions and amounts vary according to taste and how much leftovers you want.
              Oyster sauce
              Soy sauce.

Chop the chicken into pieces about, oh say, the size of your thumb. Bring 300 mL, or enough to cover all the chicken, of water to a boil. Add the chicken to the boiling water. The heat of the water and the small size of the chicken pieces cooks them rather quickly.

While the water is heating up to a boil, get a wok and heat it up. Add your veggies in order of cooking time (mushrooms first cause they take longest, beansprouts last to preserve their crunch) and some soy sauce. Keep it hot and keep the veggies moving. Once the chicken is done (just take a piece out and cut it in half to check), drain the chicken and add to the wok. Put on a bit of oyster sauce and then remove from heat. Serve with rice, noodles, or steamed buns.

I've seen this technique refered to as crystal boiling in certain chinese cookbooks. The chicken should still be moist, keep its delicate taste, and be very clean tasting (no burdened down by the sauce or cooking technique).

Quick, easy, and you avoid all those nasty benzene compounds that roasting, frying, or BBQing chicken creates.
              Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
              -Richard Dawkins

Comment

-How to make fried chicken-

ingredients:
                -Car
                -Car keys
                -gasoline
                -$20

1.Grab your key and start your car.
                2.Drive to your local KFC
                3. Order a family combo meal for four (pretend you have hungry mouths to feed if you it makes you feel like your a fat pig)
                4.Come back home, bon appetit
                :-p

Comment

Didn't any of your mothers teach you guys to cook?

My mother taught me how to brush my Barbie's hair, thank you very much
                  I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                  X