boiling eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who actually looks at ratings anyway?
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

rflo because peolpem fUnny raitng THREADS !!!1

Comment

No, because one person votes "1" (usually the person who starts the thread) and then no one else votes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
          No, because one person votes "1" (usually the person who starts the thread) and then no one else votes.
          Thread-starters can't vote on their own threads, IIRC.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Thread-starters can't vote on their own threads, IIRC.
            You remember incorrectly
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

I dont even know how to rate threads..

anyways, I really had to have boiled eggs after this thread and now im getting gaseous... (I think it was the milk and eggs combo) I better refrain myself from drinking tonight.
              :-p

Comment

Geez, the way to boil eggs is to place then in a pot with 1 inch of water to cover. Get the pot to a boil, then move the pot off the flame for 15 minutes. Cool the eggs iin cold water.

Didn't any of your mothers teach you guys to cook?

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

I dont like cold boiled eggs. I like them nice and hot. So you betcha I was eating mine while juggling a few.
                  :-p

Comment

You really can't overcook a hard-boiled egg, so err on the side of boiling it for too long.

I've found that older eggs boil up better than newer eggs -- I usually let the eggs sit in the fridge for two weeks before I boil them up, because then there's less difficulty in getting the shells off (newer eggs sometimes slough pieces of the eggwhite when you peel the shell).
                    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

My brother wanted to cook some canned beans awhile ago, but rather than call somebody up and ask how to cook beans, he just ate them cold from the can.

Thank God he's getting married soon, because otherwise I'm worried that he'd starve to death.
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                        Men who poke at me will get poked back.
                        At least you can tell that I'm not homophobic. Otherwise I would be more carefull what I said to you
                        "When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                        "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                        "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Boris - I'm writing this down in my quote

Comment

"When you ride alone, you ride with Bin Ladin"-Bill Maher
                            "All capital is dripping with blood."-Karl Marx
                            "Of course, my response to your Marx quote is 'So?'"-Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Wow.

Thanks for the tips, people!

Comment

Hell, lets do some favorite, easy recipies.

Oven Fried Chicken

Ingredients: Chicken pieces, salt, pepper, flour, whatever spices you might want.

Pots/pans needed: I use a tupperware bowl (with lid) to coat chicken with flour mixture. You will also need a pan for the oven that will hold your chicken, and if you're a bit squemish on the grease, you might want some sort of rack that will keep the chicken off the bottom of the pan.

Sorry guys, I'm doin' this in good ole Amuricahn units, OK?!?

Put 1/2 cup of flour in large tupperware bowl, a bit of salt (1/2 teaspoon), pepper, and your fave spices. Close lid to tupperware bowl and shake for about 5 seconds as so the ingredients will mix.

Get thawed chicken, wash to make sure that it is properly moist. Put a couple of pieces into the tupperware bowl, put the lid on, and shake the chicken vigorously for about 10 seconds. Voila! You have breaded chicken with no flour mess. Repeat for all pieces, adding flour and spices as needed.

Put chicken, bone side down, on pan/rack. Put in oven that is heated to F475 (I don't preheat by the way and I'm 875 feet above sea level, if that matters), and leave in for about 30 minutes (go watch TV). Around 30 minutes, turn the chicken pieces over. About 15 minutes after that, turn them again. 10 minutes after that, they'll be done.

You get fried chicken, with fried chicken crust, without the damn vat of grease and a complete mess in the kitchen - plus, you use less utensils and this is easily done for just 1 or 2 pieces of chicken, unlike the vast production that is frying.

Comment

Working...
                                X