is anyone a loner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice suming up by cavebear

I'm like paiktis; an unwilling extrovert. I used to be a complete loner, shunning people in favour of my own thoughts. Unlike cavebear, I didn't even have the grace to let people know I could be a nice guy. I'm naturally gifted in looking wierd and threatening, so it was never hard to get people to go away.

Then when I got to this university, a bunch of well-presented, sociable, and I guess you'd say 'popular' people just started following me around. For some reason none of the usual ploys - rudely ignoring them, evil body odour, appearance that would embarrass a tramp - made them leave me alone. They kept dragging me into new social situations when even I wouldn't have been seen dead with me.

As a result I actually ended up developing some social skills. (To give you some idea - someone had to teach me that 'eye contact' referred to looking someone in the eyes. Such a strange idea...) And now, a couple of years on, I find myself acting the extrovert, hanging out, chatting easily with total strangers, even being centre of attention in a group and quite liking it.

I still enjoy being on my own, and I could probably still go weeks without any human contact, quite happily. But I'm starting to quite like people. I'm even thinking about experimenting with the whole relationship thing. Before, it always seemed far too intimate to be tolerable.

Ah, but at least I still have the internet to come and express my wierd side.

MRT,

Life can be awfully strange, but you can find enjoyment in the path it takes you down at almost any time. If you can't express yourself socially right now then you can become absorbed in the other things that interest you, which may well stand you in better stead later on. And I'm certain that you'll meet lots of people at college.

Comment

well, i am writing a bunch of music right now...which is a lot of fun for me...i still wish someone would call and ask me how im doing, once in a while
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by 123john321
        I'm a loner, and won't have it any-other way.
        Likewise. Quite often I find I can only handle other people in small doses. The last couple of years I've become practically a hermit. It gets to me sometimes, but I usually snap out of it after a day or two.

Comment

Originally posted by MRT144
          well, i am writing a bunch of music right now...which is a lot of fun for me...i still wish someone would call and ask me how im doing, once in a while
          Writing music is definitely a good way to spend time by yourself, I've done it myself. I'm planning on doing some recording soon, now that I have the computer gear I need. Once I get a few tunes down, I intend on putting up a web site with a few complete songs for everyone to hear.

Comment

I rarely look people in the eye. So most of the time people think Im busy thinking to myself when im talking to them. Actually I do. My last girlfriend had a bad firs impression of me cause she thought I was staring at her @$$ the first time we met, when I was zoned out, busy thinking about something, not noticing where my eyes were....
            :-p

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
              Sure, I've got one for you. (and a girl too) but she lives in NY and shes taken.
              Did I mention without a New England accent?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                What do you call a collection of loners?

The Apolyton OT forum.

Blessed be Ming and the others...

Comment

Is NY accent good enough for ya? Like "Coffee"....

She's not 100% exactly taken, but shes got a guy friend that she still isn't ready to admit is her boyfriend. She's gotta realize this sooner or later. They're made for each other.

Girls that like Anime isnt too hard here, and without an accent is possible... but CSE reduces the possibility significantly (well that is, good looking ones) and interest in history downright eliminates virtually anyone leftover.
                  :-p

Comment

Agreed.

Someone who weighs less than than and is a bit more attractive than me, preferably.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                      I have a small group of good friends, both from high school and college. Other than them, I prefer to be alone.
                      same
                      "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
                      You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Working...
                      X