No announcement yet.

is anyone a loner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like people, I really do...I just prefer being alone.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
      to further clarify.

I do like being around people. The problem is finding people with similar views/interests as mine. This has been tough. So often I am alone. It's not easy being so different from normal people. Yes I am abnormal .

But there are times I like my alone time.
      Bah... you've got nothing on me...

I'm a guy whose favorites are anime, history and computer programming. Find another guy (or especially a girl) with those 3 tastes and I will PAY you...

Well, not really...

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
        Bah... you've got nothing on me...

I'm a guy whose favorites are anime, history and computer programming. Find another guy with those 3 tastes and I will PAY you...

Well, not really...

Sounds kinda like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
          I'm a guy whose favorites are anime, history and computer programming. Find another guy with those 3 tastes and I will PAY you...

Well, not really...

I know about 100 such guys at school...

Every week, CSUS (computer science undergrad society) host some anime thing in one of the theatres on campus. They're all really into anime and computers, and a good chunk of them are into history also I'd wager.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I mean outside of 'Poly.

Comp sci and anime kind of go together in a way... much of my hall (the comp sci hall) here is into anime, so those two are easily checked off. The history bit... that one's a bit more difficult to find. The nature of 'Poly attracts those sorts though.

IRL, at my old high school a total of about 15 or 20 out of my entire school (of 2000+) knew what anime was... 1% isn't good odds. I knew ONE person who enjoyed Civ... and that was it.

*Sigh*

I fear I was born into the wrong location.

Comment

Haha, Tripgot is interested in CARTOONS
              Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
              Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
                Haha, Tripgot is interested in CARTOONS

I'll never understand the fascination either, but whatever floats their boats.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hehe.

Oh yeah, and I'd say I'm a loner, though I do have an Axis of Evil...
                  Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                  Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay

Sounds kinda like me.
                    I'm sure you'll be very happy together.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

*raises hand*
                      half of it is enforced, half of it is self-imposed...
                      I live literally in the middle of nowhere - it takes me 45 minutes to get to school every morning - so all my friends live miles away and it's so hard to get to see them. The only times we ever do anything together are on special occasions - birthdays, Christmas - because otherwise it's just not practical. I see them at school and we have a great time, but outside of school it's just me n my computer 99% of the time.
                      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

You guys aren't alone, you can always come here. If you feel alone or lonely, send me a pm. I'll be happy to be your company...though it's over the computer, company is company.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

I'm a loner, and won't have it any-other way.
                          Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I'm deffinately a loner. Especially if you don't count online-friends. (which I do, but some people seem to think that they "aren't real" )
                            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What do you call a collection of loners?

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yep, another loner.
                                "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Working...
                                X