No announcement yet.

is anyone a loner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, I was an unwilling loner and then went out and made some friends and now my weekends are full of fun and excitement
    Brought to you by Firelad, AKA King of the Fairies

Comment

they dont let me be a loner the bastards

Comment

Long time member @ Apolyton
        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Sorry guys, you're not really a loner when you're hanging out here with your buds at Apolyton.

Hey, everybody...GROUP HUG!!

Comment

Im a loner, too. I can handle about one hour straight of listening to stories/talking/social situations, then I'll just flat out leave wherever I am . I appreciate the quiet moments I have by myself, when I can time for them.

Im reading a good book about lonerism and the history of loners call Party of One: the Loner's Manifesto.
            I recommend it.

Comment

I'm not a loner. Y'all are freaks.

Just kidding.

(No, not really, I'm completely serious. The lot of you are nuttier than fruitcakes.)
              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

Bah... you've got nothing on me...

I'm a guy whose favorites are anime, history and computer programming. Find another guy (or especially a girl) with those 3 tastes and I will PAY you...

Well, not really...

Sure, I've got one for you. (and a girl too) but she lives in NY and shes taken.

Originally posted by Dissident
                I'm a loner that likes being around people

honest
                So do I, I much prefer being out of the spotlight and observe how people interact. My geeky friends dont let me do this cause they're bunch of losers. Im always the leader.

With more outgoing friends I shy away from being the "leader".
                :-p

Comment

MRT - I don't think you're a loner, just lonely. And you *will* be meeting new people in college, many of whom will be people with similar interests and outlooks on life. College can be a profoundly enhancing experience, and not just because of the educational opportunities.

A loner is someone who *prefers* their own company most times, and is not lonely when alone. I am a loner. My interests and hobbies are singular in nature. Gardening, reading, computers, and wood-working are not group activities. That doesn't mean I have no friends, a loner doesn't have to be a hermit. But I can enjoy being by myself the entire weekend.

Another clue to wether one is a loner is why you get together with other people. If it is just to be around others and to "hang out", then you aren't a loner. A loner gets together with other people mainly to *do* something specific. See a movie, go fishing, go to a tool expo, etc.

A lot of people assume that loners are grumpy, miserable folk who hate other people. Far from it. I am civil, humerous, and well-liked at the office. People interest me; but from an observer sort of way. Their gregariousness fascinates, being so different from my own preference. But the world needs observers, too.

Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
                  Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
                  Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
                  Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul

Comment

Nicely put Cavebear... You kind of defined something that wasnt defined by words in my head.

Comment

People interest me; but from an observer sort of way. Their gregariousness fascinates, being so different from my own preference. But the world needs observers, too.
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Let's put it this way: If I were to die today, at the start of my vacation from work, my corpse likely wouldn't be discovered until Friday at the earliest, when my family comes up for the weekend.

Gatekeeper
                        "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

i wanna be adored
                          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                            i wanna be adored
                            I am adored
                            Now all I need is a statue of myself from my friends...

Comment

I can go a long time without spending time with friends as I can keep myself entertained quite easily. I do like being alone, but ultimately I love being with people. Out of the last four weeks I've not been alone more than an hour or two except for sleeping.

Comment

EDIT: Never mind all that....yep....a loner....

-=Vel=-
                                The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Working...
                                X