Favorite movie quotes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite movie quotes

I was talking about this with some of my friends, and we all agreed that this was the best quote ever, from Good Will Hunting.
    Say I'm working at N.S.A. Somebody puts a code on my desk, something nobody else can break. So I take a shot at it & maybe I break it. And I'm real happy w/myself, 'cause I did my job well. But maybe that code was the location of some rebel army in North Africa or the Middle East. Once they have that location, they bomb the village where the rebels were hiding & 1500 people I never met, never had no problem w/get killed. Now the politicians are sayin', 'Send in the Marines to secure the area' 'cause they don't give a ****. It won't be their kid over there, gettin' shot. Just like it wasn't them when their number got called, 'cause they were pullin' a tour in the National Guard. It'll be some guy from Southie takin' shrapnel in the ass. He comes back to find that the plant he used to work at got exported to the country he just got back from. And the guy who put the shrapnel in his ass got his old job, 'cause he'll work for 15 cents a day & no bathroom breaks. Meanwhile my buddy from Southie realizes the only reason he was over there was so we could install a govt. that would sell us oil at a good price. And of course the oil companies used the little skirmish over there to scare up domestic oil prices. A cute little anchillary benefit for them but it ain't helping my buddy at 2.50 a gallon. They're takin' their sweet time bringin' the oil back, of course, maybe they even took the liberty of hiring an alcoholic skipper who likes to drink martinis & ****in' play slalom w/the icebergs, & it ain't too long 'til he hits one, spills the oil & kills all the sea life in the North Atlantic. So my buddy's out of work, he can't affort to drive, so he's got to walk to the job interviews, which sucks 'cause the shrapnel in his ass is givin' him chronic hemorrhoids. And meanwhile he's starvin' 'cause every time he tries to get a bite to eat the only blue plate special they're servin' is North Atlantic scrod w/Quaker State. So what'd I think? I'm holdin' out for somethin' better. I figure, **** it. While I'm at it, why not just shoot my buddy, take his job & give it to his sworn enemy, hike up gas prices, bomb a village, club a baby seal, hit the hash pipe & join the National Guard? I could be elected president.

Feel free to share your own favorites
    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

From A few good men. I always liked this one.

"You don't want the truth. Because deep down, in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me there.

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it. I'd prefer you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to."
    What?

Comment

I love the scene in "monthy python and the holy grail" where the peasant asks the king why he should be king... the exact words eludes me however and I can't find a movie quote on the net right now, (probably to lazy )
      The true way of sword fencing is the craft of defeating the enemy in a fight, and nothing other than this.
      -Miyamoto Shinmen Musashi

Comment

Does Barry Manelow know that you raid his wardrobe?

Do you like Apples?
        Well I got her number.
        How do you like dem apples??

The one you posted is good too, Lemmy
        "Chegitz, still angry about the fall of the Soviet Union in 1991?
        You provide no source. You PROVIDE NOTHING! And yet you want to destroy capitalism.. you criminal..." - Fez

"I was hoping for a Communist utopia that would last forever." - Imran Siddiqui

Comment

Originally posted by Usually Insane
          I love the scene in "monthy python and the holy grail" where the peasant asks the king why he should be king... the exact words eludes me however and I can't find a movie quote on the net right now, (probably to lazy )
          Lazy.

I particularly like:

"Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony."
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

"I've got it! Moriarty's real name is Arty Morty!" - Without A Clue
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

"You can't fight in here, this is a War Room!"

"Colonel, that Coca-Cola machine. I want you to shoot the lock off it. There may be some change in there.

That's private property.

Colonel! Can you possibly imagine what is going to happen to you, your frame, outlook, way of life, and everything, when they learn that you have obstructed a telephone call to the President of the United States? Can you imagine?! Shoot it off! Shoot! With a gun! That's what the bullets are for, you twit!!

Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?

What?!

You're gonna have to answer to the Coca-Cola company."

"But this is absolute madness, Ambassador! Why should you *build* such a thing?

There were those of us who fought against it, but in the end we could not keep up with the expense involved in the arms race, the space race, and the peace race. At the same time our people grumbled for more nylons and washing machines. Our doomsday scheme cost us just a small fraction of what we had been spending on defense in a single year. The deciding factor was when we learned that your country was working along similar lines, and we were afraid of a doomsday gap.

This is preposterous. I've never approved of anything like that.

Our source was the New York Times."

ahhh classic classic movie
              I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

"There's right and there's wrong. Do the one, and you're living. Do the other, and you may be walking around, but you're dead as a beaver hat."

--John Wayne as Davy Crockett in The Alamo

Comment

This is my BOOOM stick!
                  Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Ah yes, Caesar...

"But sir! He'll see the big board!"
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Lonesome Dove

Woodrow Call: I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it.

Augustus McCrae: Now the only healthy way to live as I see it, is to learn to like all the little everyday things.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I know what your thinking. Did I fire six shots or seven? The real question you should be asking yourself is "Do I feel lucky?". Well, punk! Do you?
                        Dirty Harry is the man.
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Caesar & Boris: you could almost quote the entire screenplay.

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think General Ripper found out about your preversion, and that you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."
                          "When all else fails, a pigheaded refusal to look facts in the face will see us through." -- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett

Comment

Léon

"If you want me to grow, Léon, it me you should be watering?"
                            "Youre right!"
                            "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                            Drake Tungsten
                            "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                            Albert Speer

Comment

I love these sequences from Clue:

Wadsworth: But he was your second husband. Your first husband ALSO disappeared.
                              Mrs. White: But that was his job. He was an illusionist.
                              Wadsworth: But he never reappeared!
                              Mrs. White: Ah! He wasn't a very good illusionist.

Mrs. White: He was deranged, he was...lunatic. He didn't actually seem to like me very much. He had threatened to kill me in public...
                              Ms. Scarlet: Why would he want to kill you in public?
                              Wadsworth: I think she meant he threatened IN PUBLIC to kill her.
                              Ms. Scarlet: Oh.

In the kitchen:

Mr. Green: Why would anyone want to kill the cook?
                              Ms. Scarlet: Dinner wasn't that bad.
                              Col. Mustard: How can you make jokes at a time like this?
                              Ms. Scarlet: It's my defense mechanism.
                              Col. Mustard: Some defense! If I were the killer, I'd kill you next.
                              Ms. Scarlet: Oh? (everyone looks at Col. M suspiciously)
                              Col. Mustard: Come on, I said if. IF! Hey, there is only one admitted killer here, and it is certainly not me, it is her (points at Mrs. White).
                              Mrs. White: I've admitted nothing.
                              Col. Mustard: You paid the blackmail. How many husbands have you had?
                              Mrs. White: Mine or other women's?
                              Col. Mustard: Yours.
                              Mrs. White: Five.
                              Col. Mustard: Five.
                              Mrs. White: Yes, just the five. Husbands should be like Kleenex - soft, strong, and disposable.
                              Col. Mustard: You lure men to their deaths, like a spider with flies
                              Mrs. White: Flies are where men are most vulnerable.

And of course:

Mrs. White: Yes, I did it. I killed Yvette. I hated her sooo much, it, it the, it, flame, flames, FLAMES on the side of my face, breathing, breathle...heaving breaths, heaving....
                              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Working...
                              X