No announcement yet.

What is Southern Culture?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Southerners do you have in Iowa?
    I daresay there are far more transplanted Iowans in Atlanta and Dallas.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

• I've never been someplace so unfriendly to Black people as Makokata, IA (except for one neighborhood I lived in in Chicago, but we're bashing MrFun right now ). Bunnygrrl and I walked into a resteraunt and every conversation went quiet and every eye turned and looked at us. I've never felt so unwelcome.

Next day we went down to the caves (there's a lotta caves around Makokata) and while Bunnygrrl and I were eating lunch, her sister was in the car (she's a very prissy girl and thought the park was too dirty). A couple good ol' boys parked next to the car and kept staring at her. Though she didn't pay them no mind, it got to the point that I had to wander over to the car for a bit, just to be seen.
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Who wants to live in Iowa?
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

• You know, Che, you're beginning to talk with a Floridian accent.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

• I wanna mess with Texas.
            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

• Originally posted by Asher: What about disrespect for those who are different?
              That would be trash culture.
              ACOL owner/administrator

Comment

• You seem to be highly focused on the South and racism in the South. Why don't you ever talk about racism in Iowa? What, your **** don't stink?

Iowans are the most blantantly racist and ignorant people in the nation, if not the world. The fine people of Nebraska have been oppressed by them for far too long.
                KH FOR OWNER!
                ASHER FOR CEO!!
                GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Question: If the south is really SO racist why is that a majority (or at least a lot) of the people who live their minorities? Why don't they leave? How could it be so racist when everyone there is a minority?

Oh yeah, minorities are som of the most racist people around...

Iowa? Is that a state or something?
                  Monkey!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Japher
                    Question: If the south is really SO racist why is that a majority (or at least a lot) of the people who live their minorities? Why don't they leave?
                    For a while they did, but the big three (et al) aren't building plants up north like they used to.

Oh yeah, minorities are som of the most racist people around...
                    The majority of racists are the majorities in every culture, in absolute numbers and proportionally.

Iowa? Is that a state or something?
                    Iowa, especially Iowa City is beautiful. I almost went to school there. As I was making my decision (although this wasn't a factor) a white girl at Iowa State said she was gang raped by a bunch of blacks; she eventually confessed to lying about the whole thing for attention.

Comment

• Hooray for New England! We're not racist!
                      "mono has crazy flow and can rhyme words that shouldn't, like Eminem"
                      Drake Tungsten
                      "get contacts, get a haircut, get better clothes, and lose some weight"
                      Albert Speer

Comment

• Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                        Iowans are the most blantantly racist and ignorant people in the nation, if not the world. The fine people of Nebraska have been oppressed by them for far too long.
                        It's time to form the People's Democratic Front for the Liberation of Nebraska (including the Dakotas, which were originally part of Nebraska territory). Our flag shall be a Runza on a field of popcorn!

Comment

• a white girl at Iowa State said she was gang raped by a bunch of blacks; she eventually confessed to lying about the whole thing for attention.
                          Yeah, that is generally what I say to get attention.

Of course then it is bragging
                          Monkey!!!

Comment

• It's time to form the People's Democratic Front for the Liberation of Nebraska (including the Dakotas, which were originally part of Nebraska territory). Our flag shall be a Runza on a field of popcorn!

Yes comrade! We must unite at once and have numerous meetings like any good Marxist organization! Vive la Runza!
                            KH FOR OWNER!
                            ASHER FOR CEO!!
                            GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrFun

you crack me up

As I have said before, racism is national, not regional. For instance, in the immediate years before the Civil War, northern Midwestern white settlers opposed expansion of slavery not out of principle, but because they wanted their states to be free for white settlers, without blacks.

As for bashing the South -- many white Southerners seem to uphold the mythic "lost cause" and that the Civil War had nothing to do with race.

So since the war was over the "lost cause," and race and slavery were never issues, I asked a question -- why don't black Southerners mourn over the "lost cause" and proudly venerate the Confederate flag as white Southerners do.

For those who do not know how to read, pratice your reading skills again by reading my ENTIRE post about NATIONAL racism.

And besides that, there is also a history of community segregation in Northern states that persist today. Also, I have read that Jim Crow laws originated from the Northern states before the Civil War.
                              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

• Originally posted by monolith94
                                Hooray for New England! We're not racist!
                                That's only because you're to busy trying to stay away from all the people that detest New Englanders.

Comment

Working...
                                X