This is hilarious...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk
    If the extra bits in my bit set are what I think they are, it's the latter.
    "Extra bits".

Phillips head just doeesn't cut it. You can strip it with barely any force at all.
    12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
    Stadtluft Macht Frei
    Killing it is the new killing it
    Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

• Damn. My own thread has degenerated into a bunch of posts that I don't come close to understanding
      Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
      Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by David Floyd
        Damn. My own thread has degenerated into a bunch of posts that I don't come close to understanding
        Now you know how Sava feels.

Comment

• Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/DaveDaDouche
          Read my seldom updated blog where I talk to myself: http://davedadouche.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Frogger

"Extra bits".

Phillips head just doeesn't cut it. You can strip it with barely any force at all.
            -- Last night I added a crib and a change table to the "things I built that David Floyd can't" . Then I realized I should not have done it out in the bonus room watching football as the crib was exactly 1/4 inch wider than the doorframe -- so I had to dissassemble the thing partway to get it in .

. . . Where was I ?. . . . Oh yeah . . . both items had Phillips head screws which I HATE. They strip way way too easy. Just another example of American business clinging to an inferior system
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

• GP

go to McFeelys.com for everything you ever wanted to know about square drive screws.
              The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
              Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

• Flubber

It would have easer to just remove the door stop (the strip of wood on the latch side of the door) its only held in place with a few small nails and goes back on without a hammer even.
                The ways of Man are passing strange, he buys his freedom and he counts his change.
                Then he lets the wind his days arrange and he calls the tide his master.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flubber

-- Last night I added a crib and a change table to the "things I built that David Floyd can't" . Then I realized I should not have done it out in the bonus room watching football as the crib was exactly 1/4 inch wider than the doorframe -- so I had to dissassemble the thing partway to get it in .
                  Ahhhh. Memories.

My cousin bought this mobile home and decided to redo the bathroom. He wanted to put in a corner bath. He also wanted to make the bathroom a lot bigger since he did not need the extra bedroom.
                  So we tore down the wall, built a new one, rewired the bathroom for new lighting and moved the washer/dryer out to the new smaller room with all the plumbing etc...

I had seen the bathtub in the store and kept asking him if it would fit through the front door and he kept saying that he had a plan. I kept telling him he wouldn't be able to get it into the house: i had measured it and it just didn't fit through the front door.

So the tub finally arrives. He had indeed figured out a way to get it in. It just fit through the living room window after we took all the windows off. He had a good laugh at my expense ... untill he figured out that we couldn't turn the corner in the hallway to get it in the bathroom.
                  We had to tear down the new wall.
                  What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Promethus
                    GP

go to McFeelys.com for everything you ever wanted to know about square drive screws.
                    Done.

Comment

• Shelves really can be a pain to put together. Why don't you ask your mommy to do it?
                      Above all, avoid zeal. --Tallyrand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Promethus
                        Flubber

It would have easer to just remove the door stop (the strip of wood on the latch side of the door) its only held in place with a few small nails and goes back on without a hammer even.
                        I actually knew about that but my 1/4 inch too big was to the door frame itself not the doorstops-- ( believe me I have often taken down doors and those little door stops either side). Taking the doorstops off I would still only get it through by removing some of the door frame itself . . or by forcing things through with damage to crib and frame

Taking the crib part way apart was easy anyway-- I just took out the slide rail and the bottom and then loosened a couple of screws so I could angle things a little--- About 2 minutes to do and no more than 7 or 8 to put back together
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                        X