This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People's Contradictory Beliefs?

Alot of people I notice enjoy having adamant ideals and beliefs about things (usually acquired from others rather than from searching themselves). Oft-times their beliefs contradict themselves, I find it kind of amusing. Does anyone else? Share your examples here.

Here's one I thought of : A pro-choice vegatarian who won't eat eggs.

How about, a tree-hugger who owns a newspaper.

Share some.
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

BY a tree hugger do you mean someone who is totally against the cutting down of trees, or do you just mean someone who cares aobut the environment?
    "Everything for the State, nothing against the State, nothing outside the State" - Benito Mussolini

Comment

most tree hugers acknowledge that SOME trees need to be destroyed for industry.

A pro-choice vegatarian who won't eat eggs.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I care about the environment, by tree-hugger I mean someone who specifically complains about the destruction of trees.

Comment

I shouldn't have thrown in the 2nd one, it wasn't as good...

Comment

Luddites who use the internet as their soapbox.
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Whats a luddite? Also, name one here who doesn't use the internet as his soapbox?

Comment

Lud·dite ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ldt)
                n.
                Any of a group of British workers who between 1811 and 1816 rioted and destroyed laborsaving textile machinery in the belief that such machinery would diminish employment.
                One who opposes technical or technological change.

Comment

A luddite was a term used for groups of people who used to destroy machinery during the beginning of the industrialisation because they believed those machines took their jobs away.

Another might an Amish internet user.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I fail to see the humour. O'well.

Comment

Re: People's Contradictory Beliefs?

Originally posted by Narz

Here's one I thought of : A pro-choice vegatarian who won't eat eggs.
                      That friggin made my day!
                      Unbelievable!

Comment

Someone who criticises drug dealers but who thinks prostitutes are victims.

Both are suppliers of a vice.

Alternatively, someone who thinks drug-taking is OK, but using a prostitute isn't. Both are demanders of a vice, here.
                        www.my-piano.blogspot

Comment

I fail to see the humour. O'well.

Me too...
                          I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Someone who criticises drug dealers but who thinks prostitutes are victims.
                            Fair enough, if we aren't talking about slaves here.

Alternatively, someone who thinks drug-taking is OK, but using a prostitute isn't. Both are demanders of a vice, here.
                            Okay... moral issues follow exactly the law on every person. Not.

Comment

How exactly is sex a vice? Sure, paid sex is not the ideal situation, but if the prostitute is willing to offer sex for money and the customer is willing to pay for it, where's the problem?

Comment

Working...
                              X