Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hottest and coldest temperature you've been in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temperature is ussually counted not in a windchill and not in the sun. If windchill and sun counted then I was also in quite hotter and colder places... (at least +48 in Palanga, Lithuania at one summer... But this was actually one of few imes temperature on sunlit was reported, so I must have been in hotter places also...)

Comment

Hottest, as far as I can remember: +40°C or so in Kievit, Belgium, August 2001.
      Coldest... no idea, probably something like -15°C in Moscow, March 1993. More recently -6°C or so in Amsterdam a few weeks ago.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Hottest : About 28C, last autumn in Helsinki.
        Coldest : -47C, near Kilpisjärvi, January... 1999 IIRC. Abnormally tough wind (14-15 m/s) made it hell.

EDIT: I'm not sure about the year when talking about the coldest, but it was
        the winter when temperatures fell under -50C in Lapland...
        Last edited by RGBVideo; December 22, 2002, 13:10.

Comment

Here in Minnesota it was -40F in January of 1997 with a -100F wind chill. That spring, that 110 in. (275cm) of snow melted a caused what meteorologists call the "Flood of the Millenium" Grand Forkes was wiped off the face of the planet and Fargo was devastated. In Grand Forks it was 50 feet above flood stage.

Comment

2 degrees F in the winter.

And 117 in the summer. I have been in hotter spaces in the navy. The reactor compartment of a U.S.S. Enterprise 15 minutes after shutdown was pretty damn close to 140. My rubber gloves were melting on the ladder . I almost strip naked under my anti-contamination suit just so it's not so hot . But of course that ins not a outside temperature.

Comment

Converter Link

I can't really answer this, 'cause I never paid that much attention. I was raised in the deserts of California and New Mexico, so I know it got pretty darn hot in the summer and pretty darn cold in the winter (albeit nothing compared to the winters of Minnesota, Canada, Alaska, Russia, etc.)

I do remember stolling down the streets of downtown Los Angeles one day when it was 115F (46C) and wondering why I was the only one on the street. Woosie coastal dwellers.

Comment

Hottest: +48C, the thermometer exploded , Syria, close to the Euphrates.

In fact, going down to the river banks to hope for a cooling swim was worse, since the moist atmosphere was killing us. Up on the plateau was much better actually.
                The water was really nice though, but the current was so strong you had to keep a good pace if you didn't want to drift to Iraq .

Coldest: approx. -20C, sometime during the 80's, in Holland. For a few weeks we could skate on the roads that were solid frozen over.
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Celsius, of course:

+54 in Death Valley, and +53.5 in the Sonoran desert.

-60 to -65 if you count wind chill, -35.5 if you don't.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Hottest:

Eilat- 50 degrees. the hotest day of the summer...
                    Cairo 45 degrees . August 2000 IIRC.

Coldest: Mt. Hermon, Israel -10.
                    Batumi, my birthplace in the USSR (RIP): -3,-10

and as windchill can lower the percieved temperature, so can humidity raise it. I think we should consider that as well.
                    urgh.NSFW

Comment

Hottest while I was outside? hmmm, probalby between 35 and 40 C , and humid, in Panama. I have been in hotter temps in N Mexico, but I was inside.

As for coldest, about 10 F, or -15 C, without windchill, in chicago. I make sure not to be outside when its really cold.
                      If you don't like reality, change it! me
                      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Go Hot!!!! Hot Rules! Give me water, a hat, a walking stick, and a Diskman with my favourite dunes, and I'll cross that little pile of sand in nooo time!
                        urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                          Go Hot!!!! Hot Rules! Give me water, a hat, a walking stick, and a Diskman with my favourite dunes, and I'll cross that little pile of sand in nooo time!
                          Here in Minnesota we are in t-shirts and spring jackets and its +40F. I laugh when those folks in NYC complain everytime ithe temp gets below 10F. that is normal Jan. high temp for us. Those folks in the south are wussies, they're wearing coats and its 60F out.

Comment

I'd bet in 35 degrees Celcius like the snowcone you are.

If a cool climate, than I'd rather have the moderate west-european climate, with lots of rain, and not to cold winters.

otherwise: DESERT!!!!!!!

(water is needed though)
                            urgh.NSFW

Comment

+60°C in the Northern Territory during the summer (its a desert, basically)

Coldest would probably be about -5°C, when we went to the Snowy Mountains for 2 days. Or whatever temperature snowy mountains normally are - it was many many years ago and I didn't find out what the temperature was.
                              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Coldest, mid 1960's Aroostook County Maine, windchill + temp was -65 degrees fahrenheit..

Hottest, coastal North Carolina with Humiture of 125 degrees....

Not the Hottest or coldest of anyones, just my personal best or worse depending how you look at it

Troll
                                Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Working...
                                X