Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hottest and coldest temperature you've been in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotest: 44 degrees in my back yard in the early 90s
    Coldest: -10 degrees in various locations
    'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
    - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

Jesus Christ, I don't even consider -10C that cold and it's the coldest some people have seen.

Last night here it was -18C, and everyone's going on and on about how it's above seasonal.

A couple years ago it was -32C here, but -45C with windchill.

At the very moment I posted this it is a balmy -12C.

-----

As for hottest I've ever been in, it was about 110F for a couple days back when I lived in California, or ~44C.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Hottest must have been something about +40C, on Crete. Coldest was xmas '78 in Leningrad, froze the buns off with lovely -40..-45C.

Comment

It gets to be like 110 down here with the heat index, and I've been in -47 with wind chill. That was damned cold. We couldn't keep the house warm despite having the heat going full blast. That's prairie livin' for you.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
            It gets to be like 110 down here with the heat index, and I've been in -47 with wind chill. That was damned cold. We couldn't keep the house warm despite having the heat going full blast. That's prairie livin' for you.
            -47F is nothing for us.

Comment

hmmm well if you factor in the heat index and wind chills, my extreme temps are:
              110F during a very humid Chicago summer
              -60 during a frigid, windy Chicago winter

ahhh the two seasons of Chicago...
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The hottest: 108 F (humidity at 97 percent)
                The Coldest: -23 F (windchill at -53 F, with wind gusts up to 45 mph)

Sava: -60 in Chicago? is this including windchill, and what year was this?

Columbus usually has similar weather except for the lake-effect snow.....
                * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

One dreadful night in 1995... this was in the SouthWest suburbs mind you. I remember it because they closed school for 2 days on account of the cold and not the snow.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Dawson city in early March...
                    " Conceit, arrogance, and egotism are the essentials of patriotism." - Emma Goldman

William Seward Burroughs
                    February 5, 1914 - August 2, 1997 R.I.P. Uncle Bill, you are missed.

Comment

Sava:

Yep that was my coldest day too, early february, right? They shut down Ohio State, not on that day but the day after when the temp raised to a balmy -17 F.
                      * A true libertarian is an anarchist in denial.
                      * If brute force isn't working you are not using enough.
                      * The difference between Genius and stupidity is that Genius has a limit.
                      * There are Lies, Damned Lies, and The Republican Party.

Comment

Coldest: -43 C in Ivalo, Finnish Lapland.

Hottest: +42C in Alanya, Turkey. In Finland: +33C in Turku.
                        I'm not a complete idiot: some parts are still missing.

Comment

Coldest I have been in was -30F, not even including 50 mph winds, in the Laurentian Mountains in Canada.

I've only been in heat up to 110F (although it was NYC 110F), but my finacee survived 119F in Arizona.

Oh, and nobody asked, but I was once buried under 31 inches of snowfall in 24 hours in of all places the Catskills.
                          It is much easier to be critical than to be correct. Benjamin Disraeli

Comment

Why do everybody mention the wind factor. It doesn't make the air any cooler?

And if the weather gets cool enough, the wind doesn't make any difference. Cold is cold...

Comment

It certainly makes it feel a helluva lot cooler...
                              "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                              Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Of course it feels a lot colder, but basically it isn't...

But why nobody empahsizes on "+44 C and no wind at all"?

Comment

Working...
                                X