Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hottest and coldest temperature you've been in...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hottest and coldest temperature you've been in...

Please note that only outside temperatures counts (so no, saunas and freezers doesn't ). And you must actually be outside in that temperature for it to count.

Well, for me it is:
    Hottest: +44,5 (Celcius) in Las Vegas (+112 Farenheit)
    Coldest: -30 (Celcius) in Moscow (-22 Farenheit)

Hottest = around +40 Athens
    Coldest = around -18 Bruxelles

Perfectly comfortable at around... 24

Comment

Never conciously thought about it, but I've never been in a proper desert area so the highest in-shade temperature is around 35-37 degrees C, in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania during the long dry season ("Summer", nov-feb, average daytime temp c:a 32 degrees C, 100% humidity...). I don't think I've ever been in a temperature under -25, but if I was it was probably during the long, clod winter of '86 here in Stockholm.
      Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
      Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Hey yo Paiktis, Brussels is originally a Flemish city, so it's Brussel, not Bruxelles

Unfortunately, the Walloons are trying to make the city French because it's an economic powerhouse sad...
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Actually, I think it's edged up towards 40 degrees in Hungary when I've been there... Damn Kánikula (special weather of the carpathian basin consisting of stifling, totally windless heat).

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
            Hey yo Paiktis, Brussels is originally a Flemish city, so it's Brussel, not Bruxelles

Unfortunately, the Walloons are trying to make the city French because it's an economic powerhouse sad...

Would you reply back to me Trajanus if I dared to speak french to you, I wonder?

Comment

The british have a tendency to call everything by the French names (Brügge -> Bruges, etc.). If I hear Basel pronounced "Baal" again I think I might scream.

Comment

Would you reply back to me Trajanus if I dared to speak french to you, I wonder?
                Well, I would, but I would reply in English...

Btw I've no problems with our French fellows, but I do find they're a bit arrogant simetimes

for example, they're trying to make everybody else in the world think Brussels is a Walloon city, but it isn't!

A funny example is our ryanair airport in Charleroi, Wallonia, anyway they call it Brussels-South, But it's 1,5 hours driving from Brussels , and in our tiny country that's the other end of the country
                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie

Comment

Hottest, 46oC, Cairo, Egypt

Coldest, -20oC Bridlington, England.
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Well, I would, but I would reply in English...
                    Oh you're a typical Flamant n'est pas? (OK don't hit me on the head - just joking )

Btw I've no problems with our French fellows, but I do find they're a bit arrogant simetimes
                    Ok maybe it is also the history of the french language imperialism...

But it is YOU, yes YOU who don't put up signs in both Dutch and french in your municipalities whereas the Walloons do

for example, they're trying to make everybody else in the world think Brussels is a Walloon city, but it isn't!
                    Well I've lived for 5 years in Anderlecht (sp?) and I know it's not just a Walloon city so you can relax

Still Brussels ( ) is the only place that Flemish people will talk back to you in french if you do. Anywhere else in Flandres, forget it! (That includes clubs in Antwerp BTW - Don't give the order in french! You'll never get your drinks )

A funny example is our ryanair airport in Charleroi,
                    Wallonia, anyway they call it Brussels-South, But it's 1,5 hours driving from Brussels , and in our tiny country that's the other end of the country

OK, playing a bit devil's advocate here but Charleroi IS in Wallonia isn't it?

Comment

BTW I've also stayed in Leuven for a year. Probably one of the best years of my life so far.

The real Leuven not the "new" fake one

(feel better? )

Comment

But it is YOU, yes YOU who don't put up signs in both Dutch and french in your municipalities whereas the Walloons do
                        Uh!! what?? Man we even do French subtitles in our Flemish cinemas, whereas the Walloons just dub it so you get horrible French voice-overs!!!

Still Brussels ( ) is the only place that Flemish people will talk back to you in french if you do. Anywhere else in Flandres, forget it! (That includes clubs in Antwerp BTW - Don't give the order in french! You'll never get your drinks )
                        Well, don't go asking anything in dutch in Wallonia, they won't understand ya... In Flanders there is a good chance they will know what you want - at least.
                        Btw: Antwerp has quite much French shops and clubs because it's chique.. that surprises me..

OK, playing a bit devil's advocate here but Charleroi IS in Wallonia isn't it?
                        That's my whole point, They're trying to connect Brussels to Wallonia in every possible way they can!

PS: You may not have noticed it in Anderlecht (Anderlecht is not quite a beautiful place to live but hey, no problem ) but there are very few walloons that speak good Flemish... In Flemish schools everybody has French, obligatory! In Wallonia they get to choose between English and dutch, most choose English.. even those who take dutch courses don't know crap of it when they leave school.
                        I know more Arabic immigrants that speak dutch than I know Walloons.. And learning dutch when you're arab is not a fking easy thing...

dutch is quite hard though, I have heard.. En tout cas, ici en Flandres, on a pas de problèmes à apprendre le français
                        So paiktis, you speak French then?

Well that's nice... How come you wound up in this ****hole called Belgium?

Comment

48° in Damascus, -19 in Bucharest
                          I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Uh!! what?? Man we even do French subtitles in our Flemish cinemas, whereas the Walloons just dub it so you get horrible French voice-overs!!!
                            that's just because it's not financially feasable to get dutch voice - overs - - whereas France with 50 million or sopeople can do it

Anyway, if you want the original english you can go to Eldorado (is it still open I wonder ) if you want french voice - overs you can go to the (ah forgot the name - it's right next street - City?) and watch it in french.

I agree though, english with subtitles is better.

PS: You may not have noticed it in Anderlecht (Anderlecht is not quite a beautiful place to live but hey, no problem )
                            Hey I'm sure Ucles next to the European School is very nice but we took the first house we found and then we got used to it and didn't want to leave. It was a very nice district in Anderlecht though, I have no complains whatsoever

but there are very few walloons that speak good Flemish... In Flemish schools everybody has French, obligatory! In Wallonia they get to choose between English and dutch, most choose English.. even those who take dutch courses don't know crap of it when they leave school.
                            I thought both Flemish and Walloons had to learn eachothers language obligatory?
                            But you have divided your educational systems almost completely AFAIK.

So paiktis, you speak French then?
                            How could you watch Rue de la fortune (or something) in TF1 and not learn something?

Well that's nice... How come you wound up in this ****hole called Belgium?
                            I grew up there basically. My mom was an educator there and then I came back for my post graduat studies.

And it's a great place
                            (just stay away from midi and guard du nord )

Comment

Oh yes, I've been to Egypt too. And the relevant desert. That was hottish.

Trajanus, Ryanair's two "Stockholm" airports are 120 km from the city each, one to the west and one to the southwest. So is "London" Stansted. I think it's a Ryanair thing, not a Walloon thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X