What's the point of alcohol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Enjoy responsibly"

(is there a more crap warning than that?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sprayber

So you also agree that sex is merely for reproduction.
      I thought that Speer was a muslim? I don't believe that muslims believe that sex is merely for reproduction or why would they believe that in heaven they will be rewarded by being "served" by youthful companions?
      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Don't drink, don't smoke, don't do drugs. Doesn't bother me. I like being in full command of my faculties. Doesn't mean I don't have fun either. My friend's 18th birthday party was just as fun for the half of us who didn't drink as for the half who did - and we remembered more of it
        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

I drink in moderation, and have done for years. Getting drunk isn't fun, but I always notice that at parties no one dances for the first hour or so, until they're a little more relaxed becasue of alcahol. I think it helps parties, and having fun, and though it's not required, in moderation it does little damage (or at least most things I've read say that). It's not that I need alcahol to have fun, but I feel more relaxed and easy going after a few, as I'm generally shy, but less so when drinking. Besides, I like the taste of alcaholic drinks, if I didn't, I wouldn't drink it.

Almost all food has something in that alters your state of mind, in a small way. I don't see what makes alcahol so bad? In moderation it can even be beneficial to some people (helps high blood pressure). I commend you for you abstination from alcahol, but I don't think it's really needed, as long as people are responsible. If no one drank, life would be a lot less interesting IMHO.
          Smile
          For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
          But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Actually recent studies have shown (sic) that one or two glasses of wine a day does good to the heart.

Doctor can back me up on this.

Comment

Oh boy, there we go again
              =>
              paiktis, that one's old!! (damn I thought it was just a little story, i can't remember, I should ask my father again, he's into cardiology and that **** )

Until 4 months ago I never drank anything because I didn't like beer. Now I do drink a lot, but not everyday, usually just 1 day, when we do all kinds of freaky stuff, including beer games, which are really fun (I didn't like drinking that 1 liter of beer "ad fundum" though...)

Luckily I don't easily get drunk, and i never have a hangover, which is really nice, because I can go to class without any problems the day after

There is this one dude in my club that was "beer king" 5 years ago or so... he had 69 beers...err lol, but that's just a decadent game that i'm not going to explain, i prefer having a few beers and keeping it cool !
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Mind your balance, Speer. If you fall off from that high horse, you're liable to break your neck.

I have never had a drink of alcohol, and never will. But I certainly do not hold it against people if they partake in potent potables; people can do whatever the hell they want as long as it doesn't interfere with my life.

Now, young Mr. Speer, I'll advise you to seek medical attention for the removal of that stick up your rectum. For heaven's sake, whatever you do, don't try to pull it out yourself--instant colostomy. Professional help is required.

And, for the 554,391st time, will you kindly change that abominable handle of yours?
                "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Speermint thinks his handle is cute, because it gets him attention. Just be thankful he's past his holocaust denial threads ("I've never seen any bodies in pictures in those camps. Did the Germans really kill anybody?") from a couple years ago, and last year's (or was it this earlier this year, and just a luckily faded memory?) "My love life: Part I-XIII" threads featuring the perils of Leean or whatever the hell her name was.
                  When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

What is so wrong with Speer? He believes what he says, and tries to convince people. He should be allowed to do 'whatever the hell they want' too then. I do drink, and I think he is misguided, but if he wants to voice it then all credit to him. He believes he is doign the right thing.
                    Smile
                    For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next
                    But he would think of something

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove

I thought that Speer was a muslim?
                      Speer's an angsty white teen troll.
                      When all else fails, blame brown people. | Hire a teen, while they still know it all. | Trump-Palin 2016. "You're fired." "I quit."

Comment

Originally posted by Drogue
                        What is so wrong with Speer? He believes what he says, and tries to convince people. He should be allowed to do 'whatever the hell they want' too then. I do drink, and I think he is misguided, but if he wants to voice it then all credit to him. He believes he is doign the right thing.
                        You've missed the great moments that have defined Speer: The holocaust denial threads, the "let's starve '*****' to death and ship food to Africa" thread, the "why don't we just kill off old people, they're useless" thread, the 13 or so "My love life" about a white boy wannabe badass with a bleating obsessive hangup over some chick named Leean or something who may or may not have been vaguely aware he was alive.

The "I'm so abused, my evil mom beats the crap out of me for no reason" threads, and oh, there's dozens more Speer moments. He just shows up less often and posts less crap in recent months.

Comment

Anyway, back to topic, a freind of mine IS muslim, and they definately think there's more to sex than reproduction as they await 24 virgins for each man in heaven. So alcohol is not just for reproduction

Does everything even need to have a point?
                          It's a drug, we are addicited, ok?

Comment

"I thought that Speer was a muslim? "

I don't think he is, though he sometimes quotes from Islamic scriptures. His previous suggestions of killing all retarded people certainly does not mix well with Islamic beliefs. He merely has a combination of beliefs taken from all sets of beliefs to make him the biggest dumbass possible. The funny thing is though how he has always talked about how important it is to conform while he doesn't realize how deviant and nerdy he is being.(no offense to any nerds out there).

Ramo:

Exactly.
                            "I'm moving to the Left" - Lancer

"I imagine the neighbors on your right are estatic." - Slowwhand

Comment

Originally posted by Blisterz
                              Please tell me you don't really believe that
                              I do, BUT I'm not going to thrash this around.
                              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

24 virgins in heaven.. blond swedish virgins...?... ok ok you got me, where can i sign in to become muslim?

Comment

Working...
                                X