X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

urgh.NSFW

Comment

ROFL
      "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
        48' borders means the UN partition plan. 67' borders mean pre SDW.
        Actually, the partition plan was in 1947, and since Israel declared independence without delcaring borders for itself, then the partition lines no longer have any legal meaning. Israel borders are the armistice borders that finally came up by 1949-50.

As for the 'Jewish' question. I must say I share some of Andy-Man's discomfort at looking at the Jewish question as one of 'blood'. Blood implies that Jewishness is based on Genetic heritage (ie. Jew that intermarries has "non-jewish"kids cause the blood has been mixed), not as Azazel states, and I agree, on cultural heritage. Which to me smacks far too much of Jews defining themselves as the Nazi's defined them (A definition that lead to horrifc consequences).

It is up to Jews who want to keep their heritage separate to do as they will. This is a 'problem' to be solved privately, not publicly. And as far as the US goes, in various areas, Jewish culture had infused with general culture. This is particularly true in NY City. Everyone in NY knows what Hanukah (spll?) is, as well as all the other high holidays. So Jewishness has left some of its own int the great melting pot, just like all the other groups.

What people should marvel is that the Jews still exist at all. How many of their local neighbors back in 900BC are still around?
        If you don't like reality, change it! me
        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Does it scare anyone else that people are keeping track of this and worried about it?

It's like they have a quota or something...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

What people should marvel is that the Jews still exist at all. How many of their local neighbors back in 900BC are still around?

None, but only thanks to the fact that Jews werent inter-marrying even in the exile.
            "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

That's because they weren't allowed to: who knows what would have happeend if they were allowed to? After all, the tribes of Israel were not slaughtered by the Assyrians, just let to become part of the bigger Assyrian Empire.

Comment

Originally posted by GePap
                That's because they weren't allowed to: who knows what would have happeend if they were allowed to? After all, the tribes of Israel were not slaughtered by the Assyrians, just let to become part of the bigger Assyrian Empire.
                It doesnt matter why.

Comment

But thats the point of the thread, is it not? Whether the Jewish people can survive now that they are free to marry as they wish?

Comment

Originally posted by Caligastia
                    World number of whites is in decline too, but what can we do about it?
                    You can begin by asking that cute girl at school out on a date.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

As for the 'Jewish' question. I must say I share some of Andy-Man's discomfort at looking at the Jewish question as one of 'blood'. Blood implies that Jewishness is based on Genetic heritage (ie. Jew that intermarries has "non-jewish"kids cause the blood has been mixed), not as Azazel states, and I agree, on cultural heritage.

Look, there is a point to caring about genes. Jews are proven to have several unique blood lines, esp. regarding Kohanim - priests.

We kept our culture alive by keeping both our religion and ethnicity relatively secluded and... "pure".

Religion is today much much less binding, and that's why I think that Jews can't be defined using only religion. Many jews lost faith, but remain "hebrew people".

While I agree that there is racist thought in it, it is in a way "a waste" for a culture to die, and all people to mix in a single western culture, as is hapenning now.

That's why I believe in the idea of national states, that should be able to base themselves on ethnicity (if they want to, and if they can achieve it without hurting minorities).

Which to me smacks far too much of Jews defining themselves as the Nazi's defined them (A definition that lead to horrifc consequences).

I'm pretty sure that it wasn't their definition that lead to horrific consequences, but more , their intention of what to do with people falling into that definition.

If their definition of Jews would have been: people in white curly gnome hats, their intention is still as heinious.

It is up to Jews who want to keep their heritage separate to do as they will. This is a 'problem' to be solved privately, not publicly.

Agreed. I don't know why Eli thinks people care about how many jews are there, unless they have bad intentions.

And as far as the US goes, in various areas, Jewish culture had infused with general culture. This is particularly true in NY City. Everyone in NY knows what Hanukah (spll?) is, as well as all the other high holidays. So Jewishness has left some of its own int the great melting pot, just like all the other groups.

Agreed.

and it's great for a political nation like the USA.

in Israel, I think, jewishness should be different I think.

They exist exactly because they insisted on keeping their faith and bloodline and culture.

Faith is now more elusive and free than ever.
                      Culture is more and more becoming "general western".
                      Bloodline is the only thing many Jews feel there is left.

Again, it has it's racist lines, but I see the point. I feel it infact.

Comment

Working...
                      X