Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Although I'd give HP2 I was disappointed in it.

As the movie did become darker, it squeezed out almost all of the humor. Gilderoy was wonderful. But Dooby wasn't funny, merely pathetic. And Moaning Murtle rarely wallowed in self pity but instead went around yelling at people. Such fun scenes as the "Deathday" party understandably had to be jettisonned to save time.

The guy playing Lucius was stupendous--what a great villian. But Ron, who was the best of the child actors in HP1, now seems to have only one emotion: terror. And while everyone is praising Emma Watson for now acting more naturally, Herminie is supposed to be a snooty character, and now she's just coming across as an "everygirl".

The vets did great: Alan Richman, Maggie Smith, and Richard Harris.

It was a good movie, but it could have been a lot better.

Comment

Speaking of looking old, I want the actor/actress who plays McGonnagal in the Harry Potter death pool. Christ, she looks old.

But she does play a decent McGonnagal and looks the part wonderfully .

As for the movie, it became much darker and yes most humor was squeezed out, but I think it needed to be, because the end of the book is very dark. I did love the Hermione as catwoman scene .

Ron was cut back, but I think he wasn't as bad as you said Zkribbler. Dan Radcliff though was MUCH better than the first film.

I did miss Snape, but I think in PoA he could have a larger part. Now to cast Mad-Eye Moody, Wormtail, and Sirius Black .
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
        Dan Radcliff though was MUCH better than the first film.
        Agreed.

Now to cast Mad-Eye Moody, Wormtail, and Sirius Black .
        I hope the new director realizes how much fun he can have with Moody's mad eye, spinning around, moving independently...virtually a character of its own.

Comment

Peter O'toole sounds right for Dumbledore. How about Brian Blessed for Moody?
          VANGUARD

Comment

-Provides obligatory sneer-
            Res ipsa loquitur

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
              Who do you think they will get to play Dumbledore's character now that Harris is dead?
              Dame Judi Dench.

Did you not hear the court ruling? From now on it is illegal to cast anyone but her as a character over the age of 60.
              A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Haven't read the books yet. I'll have to find time for that.
                Talent Optional

Comment

Ah the evil Mad Eye .
                  “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                  - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc
                    Who do you think they will get to play Dumbledore's character now that Harris is dead?
                    I'd like to see Graham Crowden in the role.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard
                      Peter O'toole sounds right for Dumbledore. How about Brian Blessed for Moody?
                      Interesting suggestion. I saw him at Stratford, playing the main "rude mechanical" in A Midsummer Night's Dream, can't remember the name of the character... he was just a riot. I could definitely see him pull off Mad Eye.

Maybe Colin Firth (if that's the guy I'm thinking of) for Lupin.
                      "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                      "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

this movie sucked major ass...

THe whole damn movie boiled down to:

Harry finds a clue

"What does this clue mean?"

Harry finds a clue

"What does this clue mean?"

YAWN YAWN YAWN

And the character is completely stupid. He has no confidence, he doesn't stand up for himself, and he has all this poweR? WTF? GROW SOME BALLS!

The only reason I went to see it was for the special effects. And I was jipped. All the Special Effects scenes were in the previews. The rest of the movie is a bunch of weak dialogue and boring monotanous plot building clues. There are no twists at all. It's simply force fed.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

A pile 'o bull**** as some ppl like to call it...

The whole harry potter (which btw means harry ****** in belgium (really i mean it!)) concept is overrrated and a big ripoff, maybe little kiddies like it, don't see what's so good about it for older humans...

idd that little blonde f*ckuer gets on my nerves, BIG time
                          "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                          "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Trajanus
                              maybe little kiddies like it, don't see what's so good about it for older humans...
                              I could say the same thing about Star Trek, and people on this forum seem to love that for some reason.

Harry Potter is a kid's book, no doubt about it. (When I use that term it isn't a criticism)
                              If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I could say the same thing about Star Trek
                                Yes, but at least Star Trek doesn't include a scene crawling with kids screaming and yelling and being annoying all the time... Harry Potter makes me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom,... that little asian bastard made me go crazy in the head forever, i am the result of years and years of television torment (when i was a kid, i didn't like childish shows and programmes with screaming and yelling kids...)

btw: I don't see what's so great about Star Trek too, it's just a boring show, packed with bleeping lasers and heroic action such as: "John, turn on the bionic multiphasers to insert bio-organic specimen or we will be blow to pieces!!!

(tolkien and gandalf rule sci-fi big time)
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X