Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OTOH Glaws have a good defence, and if Paul was playing that badly at fullback opponents would be exploiting it far more than they seem to be, so I guess he is doing better than I'm inclined to give him credit for.
    You are the form team of the year there’s no doubt – but there are worrying signs there for you even so. Being comprehensively outplayed up front by a second string Tigers side must have rung alarm bells. Only a late interception try from Fanolua even made the score respectable there.

The utter reliance on the French fly half is also very dangerous don’t you think?

Beyond that all I can say is two Gloucester fans in the thread – it’s like a waking nightmare!!!

I think he choosed Gloucester because they are somehow the ancestral ennemies of the Leicester Tigers supported by Havak.
    Actually my needle with Gloucester stems purely from the time I spent working down there – Tigers fans are still primarily concerned with Saints and Bath. For the latter Glaws share our point of view I think?
    *finbar wakes screaming in the night*
    Finbar my own dear mother has proudly shown me photos of myself in the crowd that were not in fact me at all. Talk about attack of the clones.

Oh, and they also seem to be Havak's least favourite club, which, basically, made them pretty irresistible.
    With apologies to vulture it is actually least favourite fans. Kingsholm is the closest to a Welsh ground you can get in England (i.e an uncomfortable place for visitors) and the fans they bring to Welford Road have a small element who should be at a soccer ground quite frankly.

Then, come back tomorrow morning around 9 am and read Havak's answers and Finbar pouncing at him after every post.
    Well someone has to try and tear the blinkers off the old boy.

And there’s nothing wrong with typing Jonno. If Vulture is also an England fan he should know the worth of that gentleman.
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
      Beyond that all I can say is two Gloucester fans in the thread – it’s like a waking nightmare!!!
      *finbar contemplates creating yet another DL*

Finbar my own dear mother has proudly shown me photos of myself in the crowd that were not in fact me at all. Talk about attack of the clones.
      We can only hope Mrs Havak - of the spouse rather than maternal variety - doesn't make the same mistake.

Well someone has to try and tear the blinkers off the old boy.
      Let he who is without cataracts cast the first aspersion!

And there’s nothing wrong with typing Jonno. If Vulture is also an England fan he should know the worth of that gentleman.
      There's nothing wrong with typing J**** unless one has reconnected one's "o" and "n" keyboard keys to the * symbol. Okay, it makes for confusion outside this thread, but I'm famous for my eccentricity.
      " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
      "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak

The utter reliance on the French fly half is also very dangerous don?t you think?
        Yeah players like Vickery, Woodman, Simpson-Daniel, Forrester etc. are just there to make up the numbers...
        Ludo is a quality player though - what the hell was he doing lurking in the second division in France when we stumbled across him?

Beyond that all I can say is two Gloucester fans in the thread - it?s like a waking nightmare!!!
        It's worse than you imagine - I'm also Welsh

Actually my needle with Gloucester stems purely from the time I spent working down there - Tigers fans are still primarily concerned with Saints and Bath. For the latter Glaws share our point of view I think?
        Yup, Bath are the hated enemy, and nothing that could happen to them is as bad as they deserve. Leciester we just dislike 'cause they've been winning a lot recently. Saints and Bristol are teams we actually quite like (and have a strong rivalry with). No doubt other Glaws fans might see things differently, but everyone is united in loathing Bath.

With apologies to vulture it is actually least favourite fans. Kingsholm is the closest to a Welsh ground you can get in England (i.e an uncomfortable place for visitors) and the fans they bring to Welford Road have a small element who should be at a soccer ground quite frankly.
        Unfortunately it only takes a few idiots to get everyone a bad reputation. There are a few soccer-style fans around, but they are disliked as much by most Gloucester fans as by anyone else. I wouldn't have thought of Kingsholm as being visitor-unfriendly though - but then I've never been a visiting fan there. Most visitors hide up in the stands. The few that make it into the shed seem to enjoy it. If you are feeling under siege (or from Leicester) then the good-natured banter might not put you at ease completely, but it is harmless.

And there?s nothing wrong with typing Jonno. If Vulture is also an England fan he should know the worth of that gentleman.
        I am aware of his work. A great all-in fighter. Why are we mentioning him in a rugby thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by vulture
          It's worse than you imagine - I'm also Welsh
          Havak's worst nightmare!

Yup, Bath are the hated enemy, and nothing that could happen to them is as bad as they deserve.
          Are they the Fez boys?

I am aware of his work. A great all-in fighter. Why are we mentioning him in a rugby thread?
          " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
          "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar

Are they the Fez boys?
            The Fez boys are Saracens, although that seems to be a fairly recent thing (any Sarries fans correct me if I'm wrong, but the whole Fez thing only appeared in a big way about 4 or 5 years ago IIRC).

Comment

but everyone is united in loathing Bath.
              Havak has referred to this before. Why is this? Age-old rivalry? Some specific thing? They're just a bunch of bastards?

Comment

• Why does eveyone hate Bath? Dunno - i'd guess that it was due to them having been one of the strongest clubs in the country for a long time (not at the moment - an absolute tragedy), and being insufferably smug about it to boot. Much like the reason why all the Celtic nations hate the English.

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
                  I had work commitments and couldn't go! I organised the trip for her and even paid for her airfare!
                  Don't you think the price is high for a quiet week ? You had a big fiesta scheduled and didn't want your wife to hang around teasing you each time you ordered a drink ?

I've seen them, she hasn't.
                  But she has seen Toulouse, the beacon of southern France.

I wore him out!
                  Aaaaaah, you got me !

1. Re hunger: I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider;
                  When we are really hungry we say : "J'ai l'estomac dans les talons" or J'ai tellement faim que je mangerais n'importe quoi."

Tr : "I have the stomach in the heels" or "I'am so hungry I would eat anything."

Re thirst: I'm as dry as a dead dingoe's donger.
                  I don't remember any equivalent sentence in France.
                  We usually say our throat is dry, if metropolitan France had a hot desert area I guess we would have something like your popular sentence.
                  "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Why does eveyone hate Bath? Dunno - i'd guess that it was due to them having been one of the strongest clubs in the country for a long time (not at the moment - an absolute tragedy), and being insufferably smug about it to boot. Much like the reason why all the Celtic nations hate the English.
                    Isn't Bath the most titled club of England ? This situation reminds me of the Stade Toulousain, in the last 10 years the Stade has won something like seven titles out of ten among which four in a row. I think many people get tired of this and have a kind of grudge against the Stade.

People are mean !

"Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• New thread guys...

...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                      X