Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm also dying to see an ample, retired tighthead prop with a receding hairline clutching a couple of pints in each beefy mitt in the crowd.
    I’ll have to wear a sign saying “Havak” as there are a few on the terrace matching that description.

The oldest standby in the book when there's no way off the hook.
    Actually that’s more accurate of your comeback above don’t you think?

Another bullet unsuccessfully and unsubtly dodged.
    Amazing how similar we think, even if it is in opposite directions!

Henry Paul did next to nothing in the match I saw. Mercier almost carried them at times. He looks like a very useful player.
    Paul is struggling. It is almost laughable at times when he gets involved in a ruck situation (trying to set normally).

Mercier is indeed key to them. As you would suspect they struggle without him (Paul stands in at fly half from what I have seen and that gets a bit iffy to say the least).
    It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
      Sorry for treading on your patch, Caligastia,
      No worries. Be my guest!

I haven't had much time to post lately, work has been crazy because of all the preparations for a possible transit strike.

Originally posted by Havak

Dang – I was really hoping to get you on the hook I set up there. Well done for avoiding it totally and in good spirit.

So...did we agree on the name of the next thread? It's about that time again...
      ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
      ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

• In my first foray onto the OT forum, and what do I find? Another Gloucester supporter ... but he's a bl**dy Aussie who's never been anywhere near Kingsholm! (no offence mate).

Glaws have been having a bit of a bad patch recently, and have always been much worse away from home than when playing in front of the shed. I doubt anyone was that surprised that Perpignan beat us in France (respect to Perpignan - there are very few teams who can push the Gloucester pack around).

Henry Paul has moments of looking good, but seems to spend far too much of the time being anonymous or making mistakes. OTOH Glaws have a good defence, and if Paul was playing that badly at fullback opponents would be exploiting it far more than they seem to be, so I guess he is doing better than I'm inclined to give him credit for.

GLAAAAAAWWWWWWWSTER!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by vulture
          In my first foray onto the OT forum, and what do I find? Another Gloucester supporter ... but he's a bl**dy Aussie who's never been anywhere near Kingsholm! (no offence mate).
          Welcome Vulture, Finbar has decided to become a supporter of some european clubs, he has picked up one team in France (my dear old Stade Toulousain) and one in England (Gloucester) and is a default supporter of all Italian teams (the country he claims as his spiritual nation). I think he choosed Gloucester because they are somehow the ancestral ennemies of the Leicester Tigers supported by Havak.
          "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Originally posted by Havak
            I’ll have to wear a sign saying “Havak” as there are a few on the terrace matching that description.
            7,000 ample, retired tighthead props with receding hairlines clutching a couple of pints in each beefy mitt?

*finbar wakes screaming in the night*
            " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
            "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by vulture
              In my first foray onto the OT forum, and what do I find? Another Gloucester supporter ... but he's a bl**dy Aussie who's never been anywhere near Kingsholm! (no offence mate).
              Welcome, vulture! Finally! An Old Country alternative to the Leicester-infused propaganda that has flooded these threads! Please be aware that none of us, Havak aside, can bear to type the name J**** - that's the lantern-jawed Leicester lock, England skipper and not only Havak's hero but the object of a shrine in a corner of his bedroom - so we settle for typing J****.

Actually, I picked Gloucester for a couple of reasons. I've been there quite a few times (if not to Kingsholm); I have friends living there; and the team has had its share of Australians in recent times. Oh, and they also seem to be Havak's least favourite club, which, basically, made them pretty irresistible.

GLAAAAAAWWWWWWWSTER!!!

" ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
              "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• Originally posted by Caligastia
                So...did we agree on the name of the next thread? It's about that time again...
                There are 2 votes - Tamerlin's and mine - for Rugby - Last Feet!.

Frankly, I'd prefer Rugby - Is The Sentiment Reciprocated? Does J**** Think The Sun Shines Out Of Havak's A*sehole? but it's probably too long to fit into the thread topic line.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tamerlin
                  I think he choosed Gloucester because they are somehow the ancestral ennemies of the Leicester Tigers supported by Havak.
                  Picked it like a scab! And I bet that colloquialism doesn't feature in your Petit Orphys!

Comment

Picked it like a scab! And I bet that colloquialism doesn't feature in your Petit Orphys!
                    You have bought it, you own the book, you rascal !
                    "Democracy is the worst form of government there is, except for all the others that have been tried." Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

• Vulture, for your first night here, you have the privilege to read posts from a Finbar in very good shape.

Stay here at night, Finbar is at its best when Havak is away from its computer and can't answer. Then, come back tomorrow morning around 9 am and read Havak's answers and Finbar pouncing at him after every post.

Comment

You have bought it, you own the book, you rascal !
                        I haven't, but I'd love to see a copy.

*finbar hunts for even more obscure Australian colloquialisms to baffle Tamerlin and his Petit Ophrys*

How about -

1. Re hunger: I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider;

2. Re the weather: It was so windy it near blew the dog off the chain;

3. Re thirst: I'm as dry as a dead dingoe's donger.

Get back to me with the French equivalents?

Comment

I haven't, but I'd love to see a copy.
                          When do you come in Toulouse ?

*finbar hunts for even more obscure Australian colloquialisms to baffle Tamerlin and his Petit Ophrys*

How about -

1. Re hunger: I'm so hungry I could eat a horse and chase the rider;
                          Mon Royaume pour un cheval ?

Tr: My kingdom for a horse ?

2. Re the weather: It was so windy it near blew the dog off the chain;
                          Il y avait un vent à décorner les boeufs.

Tr: There was a wind strong enough to unhook an ox's horns.

3. Re thirst: I'm as dry as a dead dingoe's donger.
                          "J'ai très, trés soif !"

Tr: "I'am very, very thirsty!"

P.S : the second one is true...

Comment

When do you come in Toulouse ?
                            We have a long-ish term plan to get to Italy sometime next year. If it comes off, we would most definitely insert a detour and occupy your spare room! More likely, in fact, we would make it France instead of Italy. Mrs finbar has spent little time in your neck of the woods - aside from her canal barge trip while I was stuck back here working! - and I'd like her to see some more of it. Especially across around the Gorge du Tarn and further up to the beautiful little town of Sarlat.

Mon Royaume pour un cheval ?

Tr: My kingdom for a horse ?
                            Not even close! There must be a French expression for something like - "I'm so hungry I could ... ".

Il y avait un vent à décorner les boeufs.

Tr: There was a wind strong enough to unhook an ox's horns.
                            Exact equivalent. To coin an oxymoron.

"J'ai très, trés soif !"

Tr: "I'am very, very thirsty!"
                            Sorry! No! You'll have to do better than that.

Comment

We have a long-ish term plan to get to Italy sometime next year. If it comes off, we would most definitely insert a detour and occupy your spare room!
                              You are welcome!

More likely, in fact, we would make it France instead of Italy. Mrs finbar has spent little time in your neck of the woods - aside from her canal barge trip while I was stuck back here working!
                              You should have hoovered your keyboard. No hoover, no trip, women are very strict on some subjects.

Especially across around the Gorge du Tarn and further up to the beautiful little town of Sarlat.
                              Two beautiful places, you must see them along with the whole area callet the Lot.

Not even close! There must be a French expression for something like - "I'm so hungry I could ... ".
                              Tomorrow, now I'am going to bed.

Sorry! No! You'll have to do better than that.
                              Yes, tomorrow, it's late... even for me.

Comment

You are welcome!
                                You'll be sorry!

You should have hoovered your keyboard. No hoover, no trip, women are very strict on some subjects.
                                I had work commitments and couldn't go! I organised the trip for her and even paid for her airfare!

Two beautiful places, you must see them along with the whole area callet the Lot.
                                I've seen them, she hasn't.

Tomorrow, now I'am going to bed.

Yes, tomorrow, it's late... even for me.

I wore him out!

Comment

Working...
                                X