No announcement yet.

EU to Recommend 10 New Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If turkey joined the immigration officials In Greece and Turkey would have to stop hassling people who had been to the other country and were now trying to go there.
    Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
    Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

Originally posted by Roland
      Anyway, that geography comes at a price. I have to say, it takes a bit of getting used to the idea that the EU would share a border with Syria, Iraq and Iran....
      A list of countries that might join EU some day (yes, there are some long term plans for getting these countries into EU):

Russia
      Ukraine
      Georgia
      Armenia
      Azerbaijan

Think about what countries we will share border with if this becomes a reality. Not to mention Chechnya being a member of the EU
      The enemy cannot push a button if you disable his hand.

Comment

Not Russia.

Comment

We have gained a lot of the money(maybe even more) we invested in Spain back from increased trade with Spain because of it's growing economy. Just like the US got's more money back from increased trade with Europe then the cost of the Marshall plan.

Comment

I didn't say any of these countries WILL join EU, just that they might do, even Russia. But I don't expect it would happen anytime soon, anyway
            I just think the idea of a well-functioning Russia in EU is very intriguing

Here are some articles on the topic:

Online-gambling.com will be available under the newly acquired domain Eurunion.org. Read more for details regarding any changes.

http://www.worldlink.co.uk/stories/storyReader$836

Comment

I can't imagine Russia being willing to accept the full package, and I'm far from certain for Turkey on that. Both are mostly interested in the economic side, and we can always handle that via association.

Comment

I think that the Europe Union has done the right thing, but should have moved Turkey to the next step!
                Play the Demo Games!!
                Running for Foreign Minister in the 3rd Civ2 Single Human Play game!!
                Vote for the experience, Vote for me!!

Comment

At least they hinted that Turkey will get increased support to solve their problems

Even though I'd love to see a unified Europe as soon as possible, we should be careful and not hurry things too much. An expansion should not create more problems than we are able to solve.

Let's just hope the Irish vote Yes to the Treaty of Nice next saturday, after all the trouble our eastern friends have gone through to join us, we shouldn't leave them outside

Comment

Originally posted by Giovanni Wine

Because in Malta people drive like crazy.

Last time I went there I almost got invested 5 times in 2 weeks.

Plus, if it is someone like me (who zip with his scooter at 95 km/h in the traffic jam of Turin) who is sayng that Maltish drive like crazy, it meens it is true.

Saluti

PS: And in Malta they also treat turist very bad
                    Yeah and they drive on the wrong side of the road as well. I love those 50 year old buses they've got there though.

I was treated well there. But I think they may have a thing against Italians. A "little brother syndrome" perhaps?
                    CSPA

Comment

• Yes!
                      “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                      "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• CBeast! :shoot:
                        “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
                        "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

• stop spamming you crazy jap
                          CSPA

Comment

• "Landgrabs are so 20th century....

Anyway, that geography comes at a price. I have to say, it takes a bit of getting used to the idea that the EU would share a border with Syria, Iraq and Iran...."

Landgrabs are timeless.

Admitting Turkey would make the EU a middle eastern and Asian power to be reckoned with, at a minimal cost in military hardware. Nowadays, the EU's interests aren't taken into account in the region.
                            Last edited by DanS; October 10, 2002, 11:30.
                            I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

• And the point of being a ME power is... ????

Comment

• Dunno. Oil maybe?
                                I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Working...
                                X