No announcement yet.

Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SIZE=1]With the SU in disarray, and China growing by leaps and bounds, the EU may well look to the east and rethink their military preparedness. Not now, or even in the next ten years, but the day's coming.

-=Vel=-
    Why must everything in the very 'US minded' person come down to an issue of military might? Have you ever considered that other countries may play on that, that they consider the US to be pushy, arrogant and too quick to strike. It's one of the reason for your international reputation and why other countries treat you as coldly as they do because, quite frankly, your foreign policy leaves one hell of a lot to be desired.

It's a dangerous world, but only a blindman couldn't see that the majority of it was brought about by the gunboat diplomacy and meddling of US and European interests.
    Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

• It doesn't come down to military might, it comes down to preparedness. China does have territorial ambitions in SE Asia and the Russias. When they're more in a position to, there's a right good chance that if the opportunity is there, they WILL act on those ambitions, especially if the rest of the world decides to join hands and sing a few bars of Kumbayah (sp).

Being ready for trouble is not the same thing as stirring up trouble.

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• Being ready for trouble is not the same thing as stirring up trouble.
        Tell Bush this ...
        Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

• Belive me....if I thought for a second he'd listen to me, I certainly would!

-=Vel=-
          The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

• I believe you.
            Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

• Originally posted by Velociryx
              Being ready for trouble is not the same thing as stirring up trouble.

-=Vel=-
              Arms races are not about intent to make trouble, but they have often led to wars.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• every country has the right to defend itself dont bash america becuase it can afford a huge military.
                Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• Iraq has a right to defend itself, why does the US want to remove its weapons.

Comment

• becuase it used them unprovoked
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

• When?

When American and British aircraft violate Iraqi airspace, you mean?
                      Last edited by Bas; September 21, 2002, 14:16.

Comment

• how about againest its own people

Comment

• Who said ANYTHING about wanting complete disarmament? As I understand the demands, they're centered on removing Iraq's Weapons of Mass Destruction, not a complete dismantling of their armed forces.

Iraq is a menace. They were also on the losing end of a war that amounted to a multinational gang bang. They have ZERO bargaining power and just as much credibility on the world stage.

-=Vel=-

Comment

• Who said ANYTHING about wanting complete disarmament?

The US demand Iraq follow UN resolutions, then when Iraq says* it will the US asks for new resolutions. Sometimes you get the feeling the US government won't back down even if Saddam gave no-holds-barred-access to the country and completely disarmed his nation.

The truth is the US want's Saddam out, the angle of WOMD is just a political attempt to drum up support. Most nations aren't buying into it, and are following the US due to other political pressures.

In summary, the US is doing its best to make a military confrontation necessary and justifiable.

*Says being the operative word mind.

Comment

• No argument from me there....it's clear that the US is aiming for nothing short of Sadam's removal (of course, our leaders have been saying that publicly for weeks....months). Still, there have been no calls for Iraq to dismantle its military apparatus entirely. Even if we attack (and at this point, it sure looks like it), the army won't be completely destroyed. Far as I know, nobody is calling for complete disarmament from Iraq.....of course, since *says* is the operative word here, and almost nodoby in the world believes a word Sadam says out of either side of his mouth, I think his days are prolly numbered.

-=Vel=-

Comment

• bah a military is pretty useless if you want to live well, all depends on the people themselves...

the netherlands (which used to be flanders+ (more or less) the current netherlands) have always been conquered by other countries and nations (and especially flanders and wallonia too) because the region was very rich, wealthy, and had a good central location, crafty workers, everybody in europe once controlled us some time, even our friendly dutch neighbours

what would we do with a military... nothing, we're so small it's no use, we still have a good life standard

btw no problem for me if you want to develop destructive weapons, just don't use them, unfortunately that's a bit naive... why not use them against iraq, all these nice bombs would go to waste anyway huh! i just cannot express how silly this war with iraq is...

America does need oil badly though, an oil deficit is nearing, and velo, you're right there the US is very dependant, but you're wrong with the russians oil... a whole lot of it has been depleted already, and they soviet pipes were so crappy they leaked as much oil as they received for proper use

the ME is the only place with a big supply left, the northsea is at its maximum righ tnow, but in 10 years it'll only be something like 7 barrels a day instead of 100 barrels right now, (in percentages of course )

new power sources are required, until then we will need to rely heavily on nuclear power (even though its polluting we need it until better sources are found)

the US does think ahead, but not long enough, what will they do after they deplete all the oil in the ME and they've ****ed up the world (they're the largest polluters in the world)
                                "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                                "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                                X