Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

I don't mean to brag, but a lot of Euros laugh when we say we're the best country in the world. Okay then, who can match our industrial might? If we never joined WW2, the Germans might've taken over Russia and Britain. It's funny. We spend more money on our military than all other countries in the world, yet our booming economy (even though it's low right now) is unmatched. We're the third largest nation in the world, behind Russia, which is in shambles, no offense to the Russians, and Canada. We have way more people than Canada. We are one of the most populated nations in the world. Right now, India and China have the two largest populations. Most of the people there (especially the Indians) would rather in America than any other place. Way more people try to immigrate to the US then any other country by far. Does that say something? Our constitution has been going strong for 226 years. The only other major democracies before us was Greece and Rome. Well, in Greece and Rome still the leader of the country was mostly brought down through the generations from father to son I believe. But those to civs aren't around today, and I'm talking about the greatest country today. Europeans always complain about our government, but who is the leader in democracy today? All the European countries just followed our lead. And also, though Europe has its own music, most teens from Europe I talk to say the same thing-they mostly listen to American music (though most British teens seem to listen to British music). Though Britain has always been one of the rock n roll powerhouses, it was Americans who invented it. And guess who invented jazz? Americans. Euro jazzers will never be as good at it as Americans like Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, and others like them. I highly respect Europeans and I don't like them any less than Americans, but there's no place I'd rather live than America.
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

cool.

Comment

Yeah.

We got more nukes, too.

*thumbs nose*
      http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
      Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
      ------------------------
      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Originally posted by johncmcleod
        Europeans always complain about our government, but who is the leader in democracy today?

Sweden? OR maybe another country who's president was actually elected...

Comment

Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Originally posted by red_jon

Sweden? OR maybe another country who's president was actually elected...
          Like him or not, George W Bush was elected LEGALLY

don't make an ass of yourself.
          ------------------------
          ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

We're the third largest nation in the world, behind Russia, which is in shambles, no offense to the Russians, and Canada. We have way more people than Canada
            FYI, 4th largest. china is bigger.
            there's nothing wrong with only having 30 million people in a country larger than europe (i think) though...

Comment

Who, George Jr "the Chad" Bush ?

Lord protector of Enronland?

Ha.
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Yep you're the greatest. And the most humble.
                Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night. They just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked.

-Homer Simpson

Comment

Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Originally posted by TKG

FYI, 4th largest. china is bigger.
                  there's nothing wrong with only having 30 million people in a country larger than europe (i think) though...
                  Not to mentiopn 1/4 of the worlds fresh water...
                  ------------------------
                  ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Originally posted by Dan Severn

Like him or not, George W Bush was elected LEGALLY

Yeeees. Be black in Florida. Try to vote. Cry.

The President was decided by the supreme court. The latest recount had Bush at only a 66 vote lead and it was getting smaller.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Originally posted by red_jon

The President was decided by the supreme court. The latest recount had Bush at only a 66 vote lead and it was getting smaller.
                      Which is still a majority...

Seriously, this is pathetic. The issue has been decided. Dumbass old folks who vote for Reform party when they mean democrat are perfect arguments for euthanasia.
                      ------------------------
                      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Well, in Greece and Rome still the leader of the country was mostly brought down through the generations from father to son I believe.
                        At least, Roman Senate never decided to spoil His citizens with taxes and similaria...

Learn from Halliburton ( Correct? :???: )

Anyway, different problems, different solutions. I'll call for Ming.
                        "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
                        "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
                        "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

Europeans always complain about our government, but who is the leader in democracy today?
                          how can you be a leader in democracy?

Though Britain has always been one of the rock n roll powerhouses, it was Americans who invented it. And guess who invented jazz? Americans. Euro jazzers will never be as good at it as Americans like Miles Davis, Charlie Parker, John Coltrane, and others like them.
                          so what? that doesn't make your country the best in the world.

there's no place I'd rather live than America.
                          what are you basing that on? have you ever lived anywhere else?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

Which is still a majority...

Seriously, this is pathetic. The issue has been decided. Dumbass old folks who vote for Reform party when they mean democrat are perfect arguments for euthanasia.
                            66 PEOPLE?! In a country of 250 million?! That does not constitute a majority.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Like it or not Euros, we're the best country in the world

That's funny, coming from you
                              "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                              ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                              "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

Working...
                              X