Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Man kills burglar in UK, gets life for manslaughter.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    "But the right to property is fundamental. I believe thatm because of greed, this man violated an absolute right, and, by doing, relinquished his right to protection under the law."

    Then you would have to kill all your government.

    Comment


    • #62
      Bah, the gov is a means to an end. Without it, there would be anarchy, and in anarchy i'm pretty sure that i wouldn't have as much property as i have now.
      "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

      "I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

      Comment


      • #63
        He's from Texas, they did that once.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

        Comment


        • #64
          to clarify: though they take some, i end up with more than i would otherwise
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

          "I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by Roland

            Then you would have to kill all your government.
            Don't tempt us

            Comment


            • #66
              I tempt you.

              Comment


              • #67
                Besides roland, it is actually in our constitution that we have a responsibility to overthrow the government if they are violating our findamental rights...
                "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

                "I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

                Comment


                • #68
                  "Besides roland, it is actually in our constitution that we have a responsibility to overthrow the government if they are violating our findamental rights..."

                  We just have a grand tradition of rioting...

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    They are. Do it!
                    Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                    Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                    We've got both kinds

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Kaak
                      Besides roland, it is actually in our constitution that we have a responsibility to overthrow the government if they are violating our findamental rights...
                      a) where ? article/section, please.

                      b) if it were so you're hopelessly behind schedule. slackers.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        I think he means it is in the Declaration of Independance:

                        WE hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness -- That to secure these Rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed, that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these Ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its Foundation on such Principles, and organizing its Powers in such Form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          cmon, i can't be bothered to look it up. it is in there though. Our constitution and other founding documents are based heavily on locke's two treatises on gov't.
                          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

                          "I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Possible.

                            Or he's really german (Art 20 section 4 Grundgesetz)

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              go here: http://www.cassiodorus.com/Chapter1/
                              "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

                              "I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by SpencerH
                                Dont forget the German student (I think) who wa slost in Houston and went up to a door to ask directions. He was shot and killed by an elderly man who said he feared for his life. I dont think he was even charged.
                                It was an Asian student, Vietnamese I think.
                                Tutto nel mondo è burla

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X