4000 Jews stayed home on 9/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4000 Jews stayed home on 9/11

Did anyone see 60 Minutes II last night? Dan Rather presented a report that showed that virtually every Muslim in the Arab world believed that Israel warned 4,000 Jews to stay home on 9/11 and to not go to work at the WTC. They all believe that Israel was behind the attacks, not OBL.

CBS traced the origin of the story to Hezbollah propaganda first published a few days after the attack in a Lebanese newspaper. Since then, it has become Gospel in the Arab world.

Regardless of anything else, this shows that the Arab world is not operating on the same set of assumed facts as we are concerning our war on terror or on Iraq. If we are to have any hope of calming the Arab world down, someone responsible that the Arabs trust must counter this propaganda.

Bush has been calling on the Saudi's and the Egyptians, among others, to help calm the situation by at least toning down the rhetoric. Apparently, this has not happened. In fact, all we here are threats from the Arab world.

There appear to be no calming voices in Arabia. Everyone seems intent on inflaming the people into a frenzy of anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism. Bush and Sharon are equally devils.

Because of this propaganda, it does appear that there is a ristk that any attack on Iraq might immediately become a general war in the area.

"What are we to do?" Rather asked.

He got a blank stare from the government official in charge of the matter. Rather himself had no answer.
    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

There appear to be no calming voices in Arabia. Everyone seems intent on inflaming the people into a frenzy of anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism. Bush and Sharon are equally devils

Those arguments can equally be reversed and applied to the US. All be it to a lesser extent. Americans are being "spun" into agreeing with the need of action against Iraq.

Heck, Europe is working on different base assumptions to the US and so are not so keen on the idea of intervention.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
      There appear to be no calming voices in Arabia. Everyone seems intent on inflaming the people into a frenzy of anti-Semitism and anti-Americanism. Bush and Sharon are equally devils

Those arguments can equally be reversed and applied to the US. All be it to a lesser extent. Americans are being "spun" into agreeing with the need of action against Iraq.

Heck, Europe is working on different base assumptions to the US and so are not so keen on the idea of intervention.
      Yeah? At least the Americans aren't pulling "4,000 Muslims stayed home on9/11" claptrap out of their ass.

There's Making a case...and there's propaganda.
      Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

Re: 4000 Jews stayed home on 9/11

Originally posted by Ned
        Did anyone see 60 Minutes II last night? Dan Rather presented a report that showed that virtually every Muslim in the Arab world believed that Israel warned 4,000 Jews to stay home on 9/11 and to not go to work at the WTC.
        I read the same on 'El Pais' (www.elpais.es), the journal of recod on Spain. But 'El Pais' don't say that virtually every Muslim; 'El Pais' don't give exact numbers.
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

But, SD, we have real debate here in the United States. Doesn't something like that also happen in Europe?
          http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Yarolsav, Yes CBS conducted a poll in a number of countries. I guess this data is what was really news last night.

Virtually every muslim, from poor to the highly educated, from government official to businessmen. Everyone!

Comment

Yeah? At least the Americans aren't pulling "4,000 Muslims stayed home on9/11" claptrap
              nope, they just show OBL killing cute dogs...

hey, how about a "buy from the apolyton store or OBL will kill a puppie" banner?
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Yeah? At least the Americans aren't pulling "4,000 Muslims stayed home on9/11" claptrap out of their ass.

There's Making a case...and there's propaganda.
                I agree, I did say to a lesser extent, but America is biased. What Americans take as read many people see as unproven. It must be remembered that not everyone will agree with the US - bold assertions need to be justified with evidence - not just saying "We know Saddam is doing this or that"

Has any evidence against Saddam actually be shown either to the US public or to the peoples of the Middle East. Until it has the US position could merely be seen as propaganda in the eyes of the Muslim world. That is my point.

Incidentally, I do think that the Arabs who are pulling this argument are beyond contempt, and have made no effort to justify the claim.

But, SD, we have real debate here in the United States. Doesn't something like that also happen in Europe?

So do we, but we seem to draw different conclusions based on the facts before us. Which is understandable, because we are coming from a different angle - we were not attacked on 11/9.

Who is right is up in the air. I am more inclined to agree with the US position that Saddam is a threat, but most Europeans, who are not necessarily opposed to action against Saddam, need convincing that it is right and justified..
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  Yeah? At least the Americans aren't pulling "4,000 Muslims stayed home on9/11" claptrap
                  nope, they just show OBL killing cute dogs...

hey, how about a "buy from the apolyton store or OBL will kill a puppie" banner?
                  Yes, the idea that al-queda would test biological weapons on animals is absurd.

Humans are cheaper.

Nice try, Mark.

Comment

first ingredient

1 puppy photo

Comment

As I know our media (and I don't think that US media are much different from German media) it would be impossible to keep a warning to 4000 Jews a secret. If it could remain secret in the US, I'd really worry for the liberty of press ... (as much as I'm angry about headlines like "authorities about to strike against terrorists..."). You can tell me many conspiration theories but none with 4000 people keeping a secret.
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

darn, i cant find a screenshot of eminem doing osama...

Comment

huh!

found it!

Comment

end of threadjacking
                            see http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=61111

Comment

into a frenzy of anti-Semitism
                              Those horrible horrible self-hating arabs!

And the US is doing something! They filmed a Moroccan (think it was moroccan) female hurdles gold medalists runing around dodging people in veils with a voice over about how peace is all warm and fuzzy and they'll be paying to having it aired on Mid-east TV. That'll definately make everything all right again...
                              Stop Quoting Ben

Comment

Working...
                              X