Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any scenario in which the Arabs defeat America in the current war?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the standard were the Arabs claiming victory, then I think that they can / already have. They claimed victory when the PLO was forcefully ejected from Beirut, and when the coalition crushed Iraqi forces in the Gulf War. Every concievable action or inaction by others seems to be capable of either causing unbearable shame or an undeserved cause for celebration by the Arabs.
    He's got the Midas touch.
    But he touched it too much!
    Hey Goldmember, Hey Goldmember!

Comment

If there was real threat to oil supplies not just a big rise in price wouldn't The US( and probably Europe if they couldn't run their cars) just take it
      Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space.
      Douglas Adams (Influential author)

Comment

First, the world doesn't depend on Arab oils, they are only the cheapest.
        50% of the remaining oil is in arab hands (iraq, iran etc)

you said somewhere that we are working on alternative means, sure, the hydrogen powered car for example? yup it exists already but it is far from finished, it'll take them about 10 more years to fine tune it so it's absolutely ready for mass use, and on top of that, every gasstation in the world would have to change from oil to a very expensive hydrogen station...

you see, if you want to refill your tank, you can't do it yourself, it's icy cold and you'll freeze your hands, so expensive equipment is needed to fuel automatically...

secondly, large oilfields are getting depleted as we speak, the smaller oilfields too, in a few years they will be depleted, sure there are a whole lot of small oilfields we could use, but the cost compared to the benefit is too high for it to be profitable, so we're having a problem

right now Australia has lost a lot of oil production, simply because their fields are being depleted, and the rest will follow, that's why the middle east is so important, they have the largest oil fields left

btw don't count on russia, their pipes leaked as much oil as they received oil, a true environmental disaster... ah well

i was told that the next 5 years were crucial and that the US really should start looking a bit further in the future instead of concentrzating on the current state of their wicked 'economy' as if everybody on this planet cared about their economy...
        "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
        "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

In any case , The US has enough oil to ... say... operate a large military force , and project it ... say... into the region of the gulf.

che: Muslim != ethnicity.

in any case , Arabs don't have the logistics. They never had. Bin Laden's feat did require major logistics, but not even nearing the scale of a full war against the US.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

If we made the mistake of letting the the non-Brit Euros take a bigger role, they could screw things up so badly that we might lose. Look at Bosina where the Frogs sabatoged NATO operations repeatedly, tipping off the Serbs and such.
            Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
            Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
            "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
            From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

You don't want to go to Bosnia.
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
              THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
              "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Bosnia is up there with the Congo and Afghanistan on the list of places not to go. I believe Texas is 4th
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Hehe.. Ok I'll just rest my case, I'm not up to this one.
                  In da butt.
                  "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                  THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                  "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                    I believe Texas is 4th
                    Lexa Doig would be welcome here.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Lefty Scaevola

Lexa Doig would be welcome here.
                      No seriously, Texas isn't all bad. I'm sure their is a good person in that state .
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The US can't win, and here's why.
                        First, they're fighting terrorists now, based in other countries, this makes it almost impossible to take 'm all out, unless invading each of those countries.
                        But if they start doing that, they would have to invade a few allies too, and also countries a lot stronger then Afghanistan, countries that might actually put up a fight.
                        Once these countries are conquered, the US still has make sure that the terrorists don't come back there, which would also cost considerable resources.
                        Then with every new country they invade, there is the chance of the rest of the world turning against the US, not military, but economically, and this could be just as devastating as any terrorist attack.
                        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

The US can't win
                          but the arabs can?
                          urgh.NSFW

Comment

Originally posted by Azazel
                            che: Muslim != ethnicity.
                            D'oh! Brain fart, meant Arab the last time I wrote Muslim.
                            Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

but the arabs can?

You mean terrorists or countries?
                              Countries, no.
                              Terrorists, yes.
                              <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                              Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Even terrorists can't . Heck , Terrorist's only cover are civilians. If SHTF noone would care , and not even Mr. Bin Laden can escape carpet bombings, MRLS launchers, etc. etc. There is no way they could actually win. The US is waaay too strong.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X