What's your weight index?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your weight index?

Some time ago, Spinko suggested that nerds are either very skinny or very fat. Well, let's see about that! Weight index is such a simple and elegant way to see whether you're too skinny or too tubby.

Formula: Weight in kilograms/(Height in meters)^2

For me, it's 66/(1.7)^2 = 66/2.89 = about 22.8. Pretty much smack dab in the ideal area, in other words.

If you still use jobsworths and hogsheads and other such antiquated measurements, this site might be helpful.
    under 15
    0.00%
    15-20
    23.19%
    20-25 (ideal body mass)
    42.03%
    25-30
    20.29%
    30-35
    2.90%
    over 35
    4.35%
    I have weasels in my trousers
    7.25%
    "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
    "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

19,592... 60kg at 175cm

Comment

Ideal body weight would be 65-70 kg by your formula, I think I could reach that easily by eating more and doing mroe exercises. Guess what, I can't be arsed.

Comment

What's the point? Half of the people posting are teenagers to whom this index means very little.
        The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

75/(1.67^2) = 26.8
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

1.7 m, 81 kg

http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
            Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
            ------------------------
            ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

What's the point?
              What's the point of anything?
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                What's the point? Half of the people posting are teenagers to whom this index means very little.
                It's mildly amusing.
                http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                ------------------------
                ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

Well Eli.... well....

Comment

Mine is 21.5 it was at its worst a few years ago 26.5.

In real American terms I am 5' 11.5" and now weigh 157 but I think thats a bit low for me in the long run. I moved furniture though at 160 so 157 isn't unreasonable now.

I am no teenager. The last time I weighed this low was in 1976. As a teenager I weighed at most 150. Didn't go over 150 till I was nineteen or twenty. That wasn't underweight. I was on the track team and had the stongest legs of any of the jumpers in college. My arms were kind of skinny though.

Comment

I think 150 lbs is too little for the "ideal body weight"...190 is a little bit better
                      "I predict your ignore will rival Ben's" - Ecofarm
                      ^ The Poly equivalent of:
                      "I hope you can see this 'cause I'm [flipping you off] as hard as I can" - Ignignokt the Mooninite

Comment

I will post in American terms.... I am 6' now, weighing 125 pounds....

This system:
                        56.7 kilograms/1.8288 M ^ 2 = 56.7/3.6576 = 15.5

I am skinny.
                        For there is [another] kind of violence, slower but just as deadly, destructive as the shot or the bomb in the night. This is the violence of institutions -- indifference, inaction, and decay. This is the violence that afflicts the poor, that poisons relations between men because their skin has different colors. - Bobby Kennedy (Mindless Menance of Violence)

Comment

"In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

Well, at least no-one's gone under 15 yet... I'd have to be about 2.1 meters tall or weight 43 kilos for that achievement.

Comment

70.45 kg / (1.8034 M) ^ 2 = 70.45/3.25225156 =

So, ideal body mass
                              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                              X