The Friends of Mrs Finbar's Camelia Bush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alexander's Horse
    Camelias are very messy - but then who could complain about a carpet of petals?
    A carpet of thriving vegies beats the crap out of a carpet of stupid petals any day.
    " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
    "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• You old romantic you
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• And it works! I've had to beat 'em off with sticks.
        " ... and the following morning I should see the Boks wallop the Wallabies again?" - Havak
        "The only thing worse than being quoted in someone's sig is not being quoted in someone's sig." - finbar, with apologies to Oscar Wilde.

Comment

• What? The camelia petals?
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Listen, life's a matter of priorities!

Okay?
            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by finbar
              Couldn't be bothered with mushies. You need an abundance of darkness and bullsh*t. I've got none of the former, heaps of the latter. I've got a massive crop of broad beans about to make their presence felt - you're welcome to as many as you can eat.

I'm just about to start my tomato seedlings. If you're still here around October/November you're welcome to boxes of the most delicious, juicy tomatoes. The problem with tomatoes in the shops here - even, in season, some of the best shops - is that they're selling mostly hybrid varieties, engineered to last longer, stay firmer, and so on. Home-grown heirloom varieties leave them for dead.
              Well if you have anything to spare - feel free to send it our way!

You're right about the crap in the supermarkets - it always amazes me just how tasty the real stuff is!

Did she dribble at Essential Ingredient?
              She liked it - but apparently it could be better...

I gave ours a try. She's right. It's very, very good. Beats the hell out of a stone.
              You mean you actually put water in it?

Now that bit about the stone - I'm trying to decide whether you're being sarcastic or not...

BTW that Camelia has to go - you can't eat it!
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

• Originally posted by MOBIUS
                She liked it - but apparently it could be better...
                Damn smarty-pants professionals.

You mean you actually put water in it?
                :

Now that bit about the stone - I'm trying to decide whether you're being sarcastic or not...
                The water sharpener's a damn sight easier than a stone. You have to get the angle of the blade right on a stone. And some knives have different angles on each side.

BTW that Camelia has to go - you can't eat it!

Comment

Working...
                X