Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Closet Door is Unlocked

But no one's coming out. Yet.

Over the past several months the idea that I might not be entirely straight has been forming in my mind. A few days ago I realized it might actually be true (when you have fantasies about men instead of women, you know something's up).

But I don't know yet. My social skills are such that I can't simply go out and get a date (man or woman).

So how does one know whether one is straight or not? If it turns out I'm not straight... then I'm bi because women are still quite attractive.

Yah I'm using Apolyton as a support group right now but there doesn't seem to be anyone else for me to talk to at the moment.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Don't worry about it, Lorizael.

For some reason people love to try to figure out who they are by digging down deep inside, seeing if they're gay or straight.

I'm one of those people who takes the "I don't give a ****" route.

If you're attracted to a woman, go for it.
    If you're attracted to a man, go for it.

There's no need to figure out if you're gay or straight really. If it's not obvious to you, then it's obviously a case where you're a little bit of both. Over time you may end up leaning one way or the other, but it doesn't matter...go with the flow.

Many men who end up straight later in their life have a phase where they have some feelings towards men, some gay men start off as straight and go gay (Elton John comes to mind). Others don't go in either direction their whole lives, just drive right down the center line, and that's great too...
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Who th' hell puts a lock on a closet door?

I kid.

Do whatever you feel is right.

It's best not to overanalyze one's pysche.
      http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
      Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
      ------------------------
      ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

I'd be perfectly willing to just go with the flow, but that might cause problems the first time.

I just don't want to find out I'm straight when I'm about to have sex with a man. That might be rude...

But that's probably something I'll just have to deal with. Thanks, btw.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I just don't want to find out I'm straight when I'm about to have sex with a man. That might be rude...
          You have no idea how common that is.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Oh really?

Comment

Go forth and find a hot man. Taketh him to bed. Verily, you will then know.

Make sure he's around your age and is also in the phase of "exploring." That will reduce the pressure and, should you realize it's not for you during your time together, won't make it all that much of a deal (you are both just experimenting, after all!).

Good luck, my child.
              Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael
                Oh really?
                Oh yeah. Especially around HS/College.

Likewise, it's pretty amazing how far a guy who is "straight" will go once he's a bit drunk.

Around the HS/College age a huge portion of the population is questioning, actively or passively, their sexuality. As corny as it sounds, you're not alone.

Comment

You know Boris, that biblical speak of yours goes perfect with your avatar. I'm not sure why. What is your avatar anyway?

And my name's not verily (Sorry, I had to do it, it's in my blood... damn my father).

Anyway yah, I'll go out and find myself a good man.

Comment

The avatar is Russian bass Fyodor Chaliapin in the role of Boris Godunov, c. 1910 or so, I think.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Lorizael, the first person that anyone ever comes out to first, is themselves.

You might discover you're gay, or bisexual, or you might realize that you are straight after all.

Good luck, man.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

No need to label yourself-- you'll figure out what you like in time

Also, fantasies are not always indicitave of preferred or desired behaviors -- some women have rape fantasies or fantasies or other wild fantasies but have no intention or desire to act on them.

Just the fact that you are thinking about all this means that you are at least open to the prospect . . .

ASHER -- I suspect that there are a lot of guys out there that have bi tendencies but they consciously or subconconciously repress them due to the remaining social stigma ( or due to having a monogomous heterosexual relationship)-- I know of a fair number of guys who went for man-man sex (often when drunk but I think they would overplay their drunkeness) as long as they could be the "boy"
                        You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

I'm one of those people who takes the "I don't give a ****"
                          Not giving a ****, hun, would make you asexual. As a bi, aren't you giving one to anything on two legs?

Oh wow. You just described the first date I went on.
                          Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                          -Richard Dawkins

Comment

Do you like to touch men? Do you like to be touched by men?
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Flubber, I'm pretty sure I have been repressing such thoughts in the past because of my damn not growing up in a vacuum.

And I don't feel the need to label myself, but there is no way for me to talk about this without using words. I don't wan to know if I'm bisexual or gay, I won't to know if I'm not straight. If you get my meaning.

Starchild... sorry to hear that.

Comment

Working...
                              X