Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Europeans to use EU flag as a flag icon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EU for making intra european war impossible if nothing else.

Comment

• Well, maybe because there are not many latin people here, and people north of Germany seem to be mostly nationalistic

I think most northern Europeans are against the EU is because they are more industrious, and prosperous. Joining the EU will give Europe synergistic benefits, yes, but most will be to the southern members.

Also the benefits enjoyed by the south also have the tendency to look like costs to the north. e.g Britain will gain little from the Euro, but will lose a lot if it does not join.

you probably noticed it, I'm not very fond of Britain's European policy

Neither am I. Its a lot better than it was, at least we aren't claiming our ball back and running away with it. Now we're just moaning at the referee. The sooner we start playing the game the sooner we will see the tangible benefits of Europe.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
        The sooner we start playing the game the sooner we will see the tangible benefits of Europe.
        And what exactly, pray tell, are the tangible benefits of Europe?
        "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
        "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

• Harmonisation of economies and political policies leads to more stable and efficient environments.

e.g Members of the euro zone have removed exchange rate variation and thus risk from European trading - they are more stable. More transparent pricing helps companies to find their goods at the best prices - i.e they are more efficient.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Canada should join the EU and give the US (aka 11th province) the finger.
            Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

• easier travelling inside of Europe, more concentrated power against the united states etc etc

Comment

• Originally posted by Ecthelion
                ...more concentrated power against the united states etc etc
                Well, here´s still a lot of work needed I´d say
                Blah

Comment

• well, we're already closer than eu opponents ever wanted us to be... them are us arselickers.

Comment

• "eu opponents ever wanted us to be" > contradicts < "more concentrated power against the united states"

Blah

Comment

• eu opponents inside of the eu

Comment

• well, one "us" is "us" and one "us" is "US"

Comment

• With the strong Axis of Berlin and Paris I think things will move forward.

It's all french to me but Germany has certaintly not let this thing go to waste and has contributed vastly.

Without the Axis of Berlin - Paris things would have moved very very slowly, if at all...

Comment

• ahh, I thought US is us and vice versa
                            Blah

Comment

• Yep, paiktis... now look at it, conservative nazis gain power everywhere in europe.... that means no EU for another 2 thousand years...

Comment

• Oh well. It's just 2000 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X