Israel's New Plan - Punish the families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, cant write in Russian.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

It's about time Israel employed a policy like this.

Guilt by association? You bet it is, and it should be. Maybe mommy and daddy will be a little less inclined to strap dynamite to their kids' bodies.
      -rmsharpe

Comment

I did think about that, Lefty, but my understanding is that the prepartations are generally not made in the homes of the suicide bombers. This would tip off the family that their kid is about to kill him or herself. And despite the "pride" that is displayed for the "martyrs" most people don't want their children committing suicide even to get at the enemy.

Sorry, it's bull.

The tapes of one of the last suicide bombers showed his mother blessing him, holding his gun for him and saying "I hope you kill as much jews as you can when you die, become a good martyr".

Plus, all the accidents that happen in martyr's homes in which people are injured, prove they make it at home.

Comment

muxec - privet.
          ya gulat poshol, teba propustil.

on topic:

1) there are no laws barring muslims from leasing (land can't be bought in israel, by anyone) state lands, unless they are lands already owned by jewish agency (sorta private body)
          2) what's wrong with having a ****ing border? since when is the mexican US border is illegal? aren't you parrots tired of repeating palestinian propoganda?
          3) families which are crime participants should be punished. plus it's a counter blow to the 25K $ they get. Doesn't look so sweet now, eh?
          4) che- sure, israel must do everything to make itself likeable. you know, the police force has alot to learn from it. If it would leave hot cocoa around and free cash, there would be no robbing and stealing, and the criminals would like the police more.

Comment

disregarding apolyton law #2234 : "Every Middle East thread post made by Saint Marcus is a troll " , I'd like to ask you, what's wrong with that?

"a wall around Israel so that a number of Palestinians can't get to or from work or family, and now this"

If they'll have a country , this is exactly what will happen.
            Funny that you only comment on one of my three remarks.

Also, you must no there is no Palestine country. You must also know the wall seperate the Jewish people from the Palestinian people in Greater Israel.
            Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov
              4) che- sure, israel must do everything to make itself likeable. you know, the police force has alot to learn from it. If it would leave hot cocoa around and free cash, there would be no robbing and stealing, and the criminals would like the police more.
              You are absolutely right Sirotnikov. How could one even go as far as thinking about committing a crime while he's holding a cup of hot cocoa in one hand and a handful of cash in the other?

Seriously now, there's nothing Israel can do to make itself more likeable by the Palestinians, because there's always one force or another that drives Palestinians to hate Israel.
              A hundred years ago it was Xenophobia that made the Palestinians act with hostility towards the new arriving jews and frequently harass their towns. With the founding of the state of Israel it was a feeling of defeat and lost honor that made the Palestinians reject jews and Israel. I believe around the '70s things have changed in the way that it was now a force of rising nationality that drove the Palestinians away from accepting Israel.
              Finally, with the founding of the PA, the Palestinians' national struggle was kept alive by Arafat and his supporters because they needed to use Israel as a scapegoat to blame for all the trouble and the pain that the Palestinian people have been through, and they knew that as soon as a true, honest and stable peace was established the Palestinian people would turn their attention to the PA and demand it to function as a normal and responsible government, which it couldn't because it is inherently corrupt, and sonner or later (most likely sooner) it would being to rapidly lose popularity. When it tries to hold its position by force, the Palestinian people would rebel and the PA territories would be thrown into civil unrest and anarchy (yes, just like on Civ ).

Fortunately, the process described above has already begun. Many of the Palestinian people are trying to rid themselves of this tyrrant. Unfortunately, many others still seek a national hero to unite behind and see Arafat as their national hero. From time to time we hear about gunfights between different factions in the PA, some of which even went on in Arafat's headquarters.
              I have hopes that Arafat's regime will fall and a new sensible and responsible Palestinian leadership will arise, but the way it seems from here this is not going to happen, as the Hamas is very popular in the Gaza strip. However, only time will tell...

Edit- fixed a spelling mistake.
              Last edited by Shiber; July 21, 2002, 18:49.
              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Saint Marcus
                Also, you must no there is no Palestine country. You must also know the wall seperate the Jewish people from the Palestinian people in Greater Israel.
                The details behind the border control arrangements are very unclear but already you assume that Israeli Palestinians will be separated from west bank Palestinians.
                In my opinion, the Israeli government will allow Palestinians with work permits or any other kind of permit to cross the wall once it is completed. I see no reason why a Palestinian mother who lives in Israel and wants to pay a visit to her children who live in the Gaza strip shouldn't be allowed to do so, just as long as she passes security inspections in the checkpoints within the wall (just like immigrants do when entering/leaving the US, for example).

Edit- fixed a grammatical error.
                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  I think they should get a state on 1967 borders. Basically the entire West Bank and Gaza Strip territories.
                  I agree, and so do many other Israelies, though not as much these days because of the rise in suicide bombings. I'd bet though that if the Palestinians stopped their hostility then the public opinion in Israel would change, just like it did in '93.

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  However, I will say that Palestinians in Israel have no right to use bombings, because they are part of a democratic society and have a voice in it. Only those who are occupied can resort to violence to gain a voice.
                  I absolutely agree. However, I'm afraid that not all Israeli Palestinians share the trust we have in the Israeli democratic system and prefer to aid terror organizations from the territories by means of collecting intelligence, transporting suicide bombers, planting bombs near kindergartens and on railroad tracks (luckily no one was physically hurt in any of the cases referred to) and so on.
                  Perhaps you can convince them...
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

What Israel ought to consider is a offer to all Palestinians living inside Palestine the opportunity to become Israeli citizens. They ought to require it of everyone who wants to work inside Israel.
                    http://tools.wikimedia.de/~gmaxwell/jorbis/JOrbisPlayer.php?path=John+Williams+The+Imperial+M arch+from+The+Empire+Strikes+Back.ogg&wiki=en

Comment

Working...
                    X