207 Queen's Quay West
    Suite 299
    P.O.Box 133
    Toronto, Ontario M5J 1A7

Dear sir/madam,

RE: Domestic Violence - Budweiser Beer Ad
    - City TV 12:40 am June 27, 2002

I was shocked to see an ad for Budweiser beer on CITY TV which consisted of
    about 8 women slapping their boyfriend's/husband's face because he looked at
    another woman on the street. The ad ended with the man using sunglasses.

I am sure that you would not allow an ad with 8 men slapping their
    girlfriends/wives across the face.

I am a male victim of domestic violence and this ad trivializes domestic
    violence against men and encourages it.

Please acknowledge immediately your action to terminate this ad or I will
    proceed with legal action against you.

I have attached my letter to City TV.

Yours truly,

Grant Wilson

=
    Grant Wilson
    2325 Hurontario St., Suite 281,
    Mississauga, Ontario
    L5A 4K4
    416-526-1305
    sent by fax to: 416-593-6397

June 27, 2002

Moses Znaimer
    City TV
    299 Queen St. W,
    Toronto, ON M5V 2Z5

Dear Mr. Znaimer,

RE: Domestic Violence - Budweiser Beer Ad
    - City TV 12:40 am June 27, 2002
    “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
    Or do we?

Well ...
    Zobo Ze Warrior
    --
    Your brain is your worst enemy!

Comment

Oh my God, people are being slapped on TV, I think I'm gonna cry...
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Heh tipical TV brainwashed kids. Not to long ago including today as the article obviously states. Take ten men slapping a woman on TV and what do you have.

Are you all just stupid or what? So in your mindless opinion it is ok to promote violence against men>?

It sure tells in further detail life in the food chain....
        “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
        Or do we?

Comment

Likewise I want all movies involving any kind of hitting or other forms of violence banned.
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

blackice , I agree. There would be a huge outrage, if it would be other way around, and this is wrong.

Asher : love you sig.
            urgh.NSFW

Comment

Dalgetti too true yet we see it and become desensesitized about the male counter part, dog eat dog and all that. Personally I do not want my child male or female learning this tripe. You too obviously, Asher do you want you son growing understanding it is ok to be slapped by women?
              Or do we?

Comment

blackice, are you also of the people who want violent video games and movies banned?

If women seriously go around and start slapping men because THEY DID IT IN THE BEER COMMERCIAL they've got serious problems, and people should use that as a guide to know who to get help.

Comment

I would agree that it's just as bad as the reverse (men slapping women) , and that they could perhaps voluntarely stop it, since they might be causing distress in abused men. But it shouldn't be banned.
                  Fire and ice and death awaiting. But he was steel, he was steel.

Comment

The world is messed up.

It's a similar case in the UK where it's ok for there to be a music station especially for black music, whereas if a white music station was to be set up then it would be racist.
                    Visit http://www.civgaming.net/

Comment

'Black music' stations will play 'black music' made by white people.
                      Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                      Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                      We've got both kinds

Comment

Likewise at Monash we have "Queer Week" at least once a semester but if we had "Hetero Week" everyone would be up in arms about "discrimination".
                        Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

blackice, are you also of the people who want violent video games and movies banned?

No but you missed the point entirely It is unacceptable in society to make a commercial where a man slaps a woman. Why is it acceptable to make one in reverse? It is not...As for the rest of what you say think before you type.
                          Or do we?

Comment

Take that advert away, and we'll have a society of males leering at every female the passes them, thanks to other adverts, where the slap is not enforced.

But no, it is wrong. Men should be allowed to hit women in commercials too.
                            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Originally posted by blackice
                              No but you missed the point entirely It is unacceptable in society to make a commercial where a man slaps a woman.
                              That's not true.

It would be unnacceptable to depict spousal abuse towards women, but it would be unnaceptable to do the same towards men. A slap on the cheek, however, is not spousal abuse. I have not personally seen the commerical, but I am willing to bet that it was done jokingly and that it is, obviously, little more then a slap on the cheek.
                              Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                              X