European Hypocracy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chris 62
    Read the threads boy, then you can take your foot from your mouth.

It's been going on for two days, and yet Europe did THE EXACT SAME THING for it's people that we asked for, and were told we were arrogant, we think our sh*t doesn't stink, ect.

Your the perfect example of the pathetic bias of a lot of peope here, btw.

This is ANOTHER example of why Americans don't trust you and never will, hypocrits.
    Oh nice and friendly as usual.

I haven't said anything on this issue iirc for months at least so how you can know if I'm a hypocrite on the issue or not is really beyond me. If I had said anything against the US policy I would of cource be against European countries doing the same thing. If I didn't I would have been a biased hypocrit. But i haven't said anything kretin! Your answer is just a example that you base your assesements and answers on who you're talking to. You should figure out for your self what that makes you. No risk you'll figure it out though.

I made and obvious statement with that sarcastic post; That a person from europe rarely controls the policies of his own country. If he or she disagrees with US policy doesn't mean that (s)he's a hypocrite when his/her own country does the same thing beforehand. As this article dates from today I hardly think anyone did before you started calling everyone for the H-word.

The "normal" thing to do is to post the article and say; "hey look here, some European countries do it too. What do you think about that?". But oh no, that kind of reasoning is obviously far to civilized for you.

Comment

My uncle told me a road by his house is "as dark at night as a stack of black cats". Pretty dark.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

If they do, then they are hypocrites.
        why?
        they didn't know it happened at the time they posted.
        i'm sure that if someone had mentioned it earlier, you would've seen different reactions
        <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
        Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin

Oh nice and friendly as usual.
          It's probably best to ignore Chris. What is infuriating is that he has demonstrated, yet again, that he cannot see the difference between a government and its people.

He's a troll who uses personal attacks to justify his arguments.

Comment

To be fair, Chris, the GOVERNMENTS are hypocritical. The posters are only hypocritical if they defend their government's policies, despite laying into the US for doing (nearly) the same thing.

-Arrian
            grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy

why?
              they didn't know it happened at the time they posted.
              i'm sure that if someone had mentioned it earlier, you would've seen different reactions
              If, after all they said in the other thread about the US, they say its ok for the EU to do the same thing, they are hypocrites.
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Don Quixote is out attacking windmills again...

Comment

Originally posted by Kropotkin
                  But i haven't said anything kretin!
                  Shouldn't that be Cretin?
                  Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                  "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

If, after all they said in the other thread about the US, they say its ok for the EU to do the same thing, they are hypocrites.
                    yeah, but did they say that already, while knowing all the facts?
                    <Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
                    Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack the Bodiless
                      Looks like some people around here need to check out the definition (and spelling) of "hypocrisy".

Nobody here is a hypocrite on this issue.

As for the European governments: as temporary exemptions like this are permitted by the Rome Statute if the host nation consents (and this right would, of course, apply to Americans too), then they're not technically being hypocrites either. But it certainly sets a bad precedent if ICC members routinely seek and get such exemptions. And, yes, this is embarrassing for them at this time.
                      given the host nation consents - well considering the situation Afghan is in, their desperate need for peacekeepers, did they really have any choice but to agee? I mean if you can do this, I suppose we could have gotten consent from the govt of the Republic of Viet Nam. The real point, if the court is to be fair, and if (as the US has been told) it wont impact countries that have their own bona fide judicial systems to deal with war crimes, WHY did the euro govt think this deal to be necessary??? Evidently they think the court MIGHT be invoked against peacekeepers from democratic countries, and they are NOT willing to trust their soldiers to its mercies. But those are just the arguments the US has been making.

Please help me here - I dont like unilateralism, and Id really like to be for this court, but the Euro action does
                      seem to confirm the opinions of the unilateralists.

LOTM
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat Shouldn't that be Cretin?
                        I donno, might be so. I don't get what the english language has against the letter K. But don't you worry, I woun't blame any of you for it...

Comment

To be fair, Chris, the GOVERNMENTS are hypocritical. The posters are only hypocritical if they defend their government's policies, despite laying into the US for doing (nearly) the same thing.

*applause*

This is a despicable act by European governments.
                          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

wouldn't
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by JohnIII
                              (+1)

Comment

Originally posted by Lemmy

yeah, but did they say that already, while knowing all the facts?
                                Lets wait and see...
                                ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                                ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Working...
                                X