X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrazyHorse

I'd never mess with Texas...

Regarding terrorists:
    The Bible says turn the other cheek. It doesn't address what one should do after the other cheek has been slapped spitless.

Regarding liberties:
    The amount of liberties, safely practiced, stays in flux.
    Right now, I'll stand in line at an airport, if it helps; as a for instance.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

The NEW TESTAMENT says turn the other cheek. The old testament (true bible) says an eye for an eye.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

The New supercedes the Old, but I remain a pro death penalty advocate.
        HEY! It IS consistent.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

The new testament is a bunch of crap written by early Christian leaders (Jesus worshipping zealots).
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I'm curious just who it is you are referring to...

But I'm glad to see that you have understaood that the US bombings in Afganistan and the Palestinian bombings in Israel both have the same goal, to stop state-sponsored terrorism.

Fighting Al-Quida and fighting the Knesset is not much different.
            Gnu Ex Machina - the Gnu in the Machine

Comment

haha nice one sloww

those who you refer to know who they are...
              ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
              ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Re: Some Need To Be More Consistent In Thought Process

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                Have you taken note of some people's expressed opinions here?
                If you have, you 'll notice the following:
                I have noticed that you are pathetic.
                We are the apt, you will be packaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
                  Yeah! Those thought processes need better working, like:

Person 1: The Civil War wasn't about slavery.
                  Person 2: Here it is, and here's 100 bajillion first-hand documents proving Southern leaders seceded over slavery and the southern populace felt they were defending slavery.
                  Person 1: But the war wasn't over slavery.
                  Person 2: I just showed you the evid--
                  Person 1: IT WASN'T OVER SLAVERY!!!! *Sings Dixie and runs away with fingers in ears*

Yeah but then about a month later person 2 will claim in casual conversation that person 1 said slavery was the only reason for the civil war. This is why I've started archiving all my longer arguments, it's quicker in the long run.
                  A witty quote proves nothing. - Voltaire

Comment

Formulating opinions is just a hobby for me; just to take up some of my spare time.

Comment

Re: Some Need To Be More Consistent In Thought Process

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Have you taken note of some people's expressed opinions here?
                      If you have, you 'll notice the following:

USA sucks because they bombed Afghanistan, killing civilians, who shielded Bin Laden's boys.
                      BUT
                      It's not cowardly for terrorists (be they Pals, Israel, Al Queda, Northern Ireland or whoever) to blow up civilians on school buses, cafes, whatever.
                      But
                      We're losing some of our civil liberties,
                      But
                      We don't want to lose our family, or our own life, to terroristic acts.

I could go on and on.

It would be laughable , were it not so grim.

I believe civil liberties are being lost, but I don't see a significant terrorist threat, and threats that do exist can be dealt with without limiting civil freedoms (such as increasing airport security, etc) Not really contradictory.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberGnu
                        I'm curious just who it is you are referring to...

But I'm glad to see that you have understaood that the US bombings in Afganistan and the Palestinian bombings in Israel both have the same goal, to stop state-sponsored terrorism.

Fighting Al-Quida and fighting the Knesset is not much different.

Of course.

Comment

Re: Re: Some Need To Be More Consistent In Thought Process

Originally posted by Yog-Sothoth

I have noticed that you are pathetic.
                          Why is that, Nimrod? Because I say to be consistent?
                          Strain that old brain of yours to do that much?

Comment

Who was it that said "a foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds"? Longfellow? Wordsworth? I used to know this...
                            "My nation is the world, and my religion is to do good." --Thomas Paine
                            "The subject of onanism is inexhaustable." --Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                              The NEW TESTAMENT says turn the other cheek. The old testament (true bible) says an eye for an eye.
                              "They" meaning Old Testament and New Testament are ARE The Bible. The Old Testament simply foretold of the coming of the Messiah, and the New Testament is the Fullfiment of the Phrophecy, accounts of our Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is the Human form of the Trinity, God The Father in Heaven, Jesus Christ whom was the Word and became Human to pay the price for our sinfulness and the Holy Spirit whom is left here while Jesus Christ sits at the right hand of God.

Troll
                              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Interesting to point out when one stay's consistent they are ignored or ridiculed for being "inflexable" or "static".

Ah life in the food chain
                                “The Communist Manifesto was correct…but…we see the privileges of the capitalist bourgeoisie yielding…to democratic organizations…In my judgment…success lies in a steady [peaceful] advance…[rather]…than in…a catastrophic crash."Eduard Bernstein
                                Or do we?

Comment

Working...
                                X